Fodens.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Nice shot of Plasmores Foden, I used to deliver boiler ash into their works at Aycliffe in the 80s.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Thanks, Buzzer, for the half-cabbed St-Ives Foden concrete mixers. Was this intended for weight-saving or to prevent the drivers to give a lift to hitch-hikers?

DEANB:

essexpete:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

A powerful British truck or just advertising speak? Either way it still is a crying shame that all disappeared.

You may find this article from 1980 intresting.

Click on pages twice to read.

Thanks Dean. I wonder from where the true cause of decline can be placed? Multiple problems at a guess.

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Thanks, Buzzer, for the half-cabbed St-Ives Foden concrete mixers. Was this intended for weight-saving or to prevent the drivers to give a lift to hitch-hikers?

i wonder if there are any surviving half -cabs?

carryfast-yeti:

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I believe that Paul Parker is restoring a S50 cabbed tipper, possibly either ex Tilcon or ARC.

Pete.

ERF-NGC-European:
Foden Wehrmacht.jpg

How an when did that Foden end with the German Army??

windrush:

carryfast-yeti:

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I believe that Paul Parker is restoring a S50 cabbed tipper, possibly either ex Tilcon or ARC.

Pete.

excellent! will look forward to seeing that :slight_smile:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

I found the pic online. The caption said it was captured. No other info.

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

I found the pic online. The caption said it was captured. No other info.

Left behind during the withdrawal from France in 1940 possibly, or any of the other sudden evacuations in the middle east. I’m sure that orders to permanently immobilise vehicles and equipment could not always have been followed, nor always been successful if attempted.

Buzzer

Essex

windrush:

carryfast-yeti:

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Pete.

excellent! will look forward to seeing that :slight_smile:
[/quote]
I have a theory will the desire for restoration /collecting old vehicles and plant. Unless the object has real rarity and value then it is likely to be something that some aspired to own or drive in their youth or younger days. Also to be used on high days and holidays there are practical issues.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have a theory for the desire for restoration /collecting old vehicles and plant. Unless the object has real rarity and investment value, then it is likely to be something that some aspired to own or drive in their youth or younger days. Also to be used on high days and holidays there are practical issues.
[/quote]

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hello Buzzer …smashing shot of W G Davies …or fondly known as “WG” …they had several S20 8 wheelers employed mostly on tinplate …and also out of the “Mond” nickel plant at near by Clydach …Geraint .