Fodens.

York registered November 1958 to March 59, some of these heavy tractors with the 8LW Gardner and Rolls, ■■■■■■■ options had the large rectangular rad on the front, this one could have a Foden engine having the normal S20 cab front. Gross weights could be up to 100 Ton. Franky.

ERF-NGC-European:

I do like the look of that, I know it is a crew cab, but wouldn’t it have made an excellent early sleeper. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

Nice!

David

This S 21, Was an export model GTW 80 Tonnes, Larry.

Buzzer

287685973_5214961578580646_7253223026326182441_n.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:
This S 21, Was an export model GTW 80 Tonnes, Larry.

What engine would it have had for that weight? I thought the biggest Gardner road engine in 1965 was the 150bhp 6LX.

It had a 6 LW In when new along with the Foden 12 speed gar box, It was then fitted with the 150 Gardner, And if you look at the front it has the 150 Gardner badge on the front chassis crossmember, Larry.

Buzzer

Lawrence Dunbar:
It had a 6 LW In when new along with the Foden 12 speed gar box, It was then fitted with the 150 Gardner, And if you look at the front it has the 150 Gardner badge on the front chassis crossmember, Larry.

Must have been fun pulling 80 ton with that fitted.

Dennis Javelin:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Must have been fun pulling 80 ton with that fitted.

Indeed Dennis, but as always it’s all in the gearing, and the 12 speed was a wonderful box. :wink: :smiley:

Very true Spardo, The 12 speed Foden box was a great bit of gear IMO, Even known to screw prop shafts up when pulling, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Very true Spardo, The 12 speed Foden box was a great bit of gear IMO, Even known to screw prop shafts up when pulling, Larry.

I may have mentioned this before but, not in a weight situation, indeed climbing Swinscoe with an empty powder tank trailer, in snow I ground to a halt halfway. Tried several gears to gently pull away and, eventually found one of the 12 which did the trick. I hardly dare breath for not putting too much weight on the pedal, but she got to the top. :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

.Foden FG6,15,S20 Crew-Cabbed,Gardner 6LX 150 Diesel-Engined.R8x4,HRV,HSU 374,GENTLE GIANT,1952.Re-built.Ian  Davies,Neath Valley Collection.TN,OTL,Fodens 69-70,6-2022.Buzzer.3.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer