Foden S21 2 Stroke Recovery truck 'Goliath'

Does anyone have any pictures of the legendary ‘Goliath’ MK2, a Mickey mouse cabbed Foden wrecker fitted with the screaming 2 stroke engine? Once heard never forgotten, the vehicle was a powerhouse and could always be called upon to get the job done! :sunglasses:

380streamline:
Does anyone have any pictures of the legendary ‘Goliath’ MK2, a Mickey mouse cabbed Foden wrecker truck fitted with the
screaming 2 stroke engine? Once heard never forgotten, the vehicle was a powerhouse and could always be called upon to
get the job done. Once heard never forgotten! :sunglasses:

Once heard never forgotten!

Not always, it seems :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nick

Not Goliath,but a similar motorr.

Is this the truck ?

Hey up, here you go 380, a few from my flickr site, taken in the 1990’s at the splendid Bloxham rally:

and this one (interestingly sporting a different reg plate):

Cheers guys!

Its almost the same as the one built at hoveringham,later to become
Tarmac.

Fodens at Sandbach had one. I once visited the factory and it was always kept inside when not being used. 2 stroke engine and one of the old lads told me it was geared so that it would pull anything up a vertical wall. I don’t suppose any of you lads have a photo of that. It was a fine machine, well looked after, no oil drips or anything like that.

another couple of similars

There is a good chance i have recorded the sound .So i will have a look this week and if so i wiill post you a copy on .regards Mike.

givover:
There is a good chance i have recorded the sound .So i will have a look this week and if so i wiill post you a copy on .regards Mike.

youtube.com/watch?v=51u4JtPCg70

Hoveringhams wrecker in action.