Foden Alpha ~ Past & Present

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Unknown North East registered Foden Alpha

Seen at Carlisle Truck Show, ■■■■■■■■ 2012

Kindest regards
CG[/quo

■■■■■■■■ gill:

truckfing:
One of these is a local operator and the other is the strangest I have seen for a while. Both Foden Alphas

Hello truckfing

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks

That is definitely one of the strangest trailers I’ve seen.
Surely must be a waste ejector trailer or some description.

Kindest regards
CG

I think it’s a compactor/ejector. You could probably drive it around the Cotswolds for £8 per hour. :laughing:

Hell that’s some size o trailer!!! six wheel unit as well!!! It wont score many points on unladen weight eh. Eddie.

Dan is that Mutilift hook loader the type with the hinged hook arm at the front I think I can see the hinge pins near the front I had that gear on an EC for 7/8yrs they are good no problems with it. That one looks tidy is it going on the Foden. Eddie

erfguy:
Hell that’s some size o trailer!!! six wheel unit as well!!! It wont score many points on unladen weight eh. Eddie.

Those trailers carry stuff like polythene, polystyrene and other lightweight non recyclable waste out of the sorting yards. Payload wouldn’t be great but the operators would’ve made their money on the skips and selling on all the scrap, ■■■■■■■■, soil etc they’ve picked out of the skips. :wink:

Taken the day I got the Alpha brand new, alongside my old 4340. The Alpha is still operated by Smiths but is now apparently the yard spare. The S reg was a victim of the recession and was sold around 2008.

erfguy:
Dan is that Mutilift hook loader the type with the hinged hook arm at the front I think I can see the hinge pins near the front I had that gear on an EC for 7/8yrs they are good no problems with it. That one looks tidy is it going on the Foden. Eddie

Hi Eddie It hinges at the front and halfway down too ,as well as at the back ,I’ve not seen it work yet ,I bought it of eBay from Weston super mare my bro saw it working ,I picked it up when it was removed ,I don’t know much about them ,but you may be able to help ? Is 15 inches of chassis from the centre of the rollers sticking out ok will the body clear ok ? Is it important that the warning lights in the cab work ? It won’t be doing a lot of hook loading work .cheers Dan

tetragaz:
hey dan,
fodens coming on nicely, when do you think it’ll be on the road earning its keep :slight_smile:
cheers
gaz

It’s along road Gaz ,iam only doing it when it’s dry !

I would say that would be to much chassis I think it would tend to catch the body as that is more or less the pivot point. The best bet with them when dropping or loading them is to either watch with your mirrors or look from the rear window in the cab as when you are pulling the skip on to the motor if the ground is rough they can do a bit of rocking about. But I think you would need to get rid of that bit o chassis. They are fine once you get into the way of them and very handy tools. Eddie.

1 on the fairground at Southsea

image.jpg

Dan Punchard:

Send bin back a foot an you’ll be ok to tip,can’t see a problem

Hi Dan That looks fine you canny get any nearer the end o the chassis than that. You will soon get into the way of it they are a handy piece of kit and its surprising where you can put and pick up skips from. Eddie.

Dan,you’re gonna have to get a move on with this job before a traffic warden pops along,look above the roller whats nailed to the telegraph pole! :smiley:

Iam more likely to get done for pinching the sign!

image.jpg

Dan Punchard:

hi dan,
coming on nice with foden mate, is it going to have roll on/off flat bed, & are you going to put a high roof on like you did to the one that your relative has.
cheers
gaz

No Gaz iam not a hi roof fan ,they get in the way too much ,but yes m8 roro flat hoping to carry 10/11 tonnes ,heaviest drill rig is 9 tonnes so should be fine .

Taken last week on the A1M Washington

P1000728.JPG

Another recent addition to our firm. This is an ex Carl Wright Haulage (Mansfield) Alpha, with a ■■■■■■■ 420 and our first ever Foden with an Auto Box.

Over the years we have had over 40 Foden’s, these will probably be the last two :frowning: :frowning:

Alpha Fodens Sept 2014.JPG