Fodan c12 450 cat power loss

hi all. I hope sombody may have an idear what my power loss problem could be on a 2002 foden alpha 2 with a c12 450 cat done only 200k miles the problem is mostly noticable on motoway hills which I would normaly cruise over in top gear but since about two weeks agoI am now having to chang down at least twice with the same load. its ■■■■■■■ me of changed all filters still the same enging starts and runs as it always has its just the power loss thats a problem has anyone got any idears on what to check first

yes, I would try a throttle pedal, a firm I do a lot for had a c12 in a foden alpha 8 wheeler which had a power problem, after swopping boost sensors, turbo and checking the intercooler the problem was still there, though the problem was intermittent as sometimes it went well and the lap top found no faults, the only thing they never tried was a throttle pedal!
only a couple of weeks ago another chap I know had a power problem with his c12 which is fitted to a foden 4000, after changing the throttle pedal the problem has gone!

Are you using genuine cat oil filters ? None genuine oil filters on this engine cause low oil pressure however I do not know if low oil pressure would take any power away via the ecu .

I think on this engine there are 2 sensors on the air intake side, a pressure test on the intercooler would be a good idea

I had an 03 Alpha with an M11, which lost power. Did a pressure test on the intercooler, and found it to be cracked. Fitted a new intercooler and it was OK.

Check the fuel filter housing, they are known to have problems. Replacement of any rubber fuel lines is a good idea too, they swell internally and restrict fuel. As has been said, check the intercooler for integrity, if it can’t hold 25psi for 5secs it needs to go in the skip.

The injectors need setting

I Will do it but it will cost you 2 grand

Bking:
The injectors need setting

I Will do it but it will cost you 2 grand

At least 2 grand, I would think.

And why 2 grand on a cat?
Only crap pressure injectors.

Everything CAT is a bloody fortune, should be gold not yellow…

Only bloody stupid british manufacturers eg Foden,Seddon etc) would even consider putting this garbage into a truck.

Good for bulldozers and thats about it.

Bking:
Only bloody stupid british manufacturers eg Foden,Seddon etc) would even consider putting this garbage into a truck.

Good for bulldozers and thats about it.

Finish off that quote then? - take out the Cat & put a Gardner in ■■

Change the air filter. :wink: