FOA Peter Smyth or other trainers

This is as slight prob as I said in an earlier thread that I was supposed to be on test last fri 4 th May but the training & test were postponed due to the senior examiner at Newcastle having a heart attack I now know that his licence has been revoked for a year :frowning:

1 of the other examiners has been seconded to Scotland & the other is now on holiday for 2 weeks

The nearest test centre in either Darlington which is approx. 40 mile away & they have test or Carlisle which is approx. 60 mil away

So what happens next :question: as this can be a prob with test & re test ( a mate failed his on fri & cant get a retest due to lack of examiners )

Has this ever happened before & do you know what DSA will / do about it :question:

I know I am not in a hurry due to fact dont have a definite job that depends on it but would like it done

Hi Animal. Not exactly sure what youā€™re asking - so if the answer makes no sense, donā€™t worry!

In this case the DSA will give you another test FOC. You may be able to claim out of pocket expenses but this is a longwinded process and I dont normally bother with it.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Your training provider can make a request for extra tests - this is normally done through Trainer booking/deployment depts of the DSA.

There is no guarantee with this but if you donā€™t askā€¦ :smiley:

Good luck with the retest whenever it is

John

I wouldnā€™t have thought it is beyond the wit of (even) the DSA to second a Darlington examiner to Newcastle to help with the backlog. As you say, ā€œ40 milesā€, and most of it on the A1(M).

Thanks it is in hand but as we know the DSA dont hurry with things

Has this happened before ā– ā– 

They did have a examiner 1 day last week from Darlington but the normal 1 they bring in is from Carlisle

Not sure what is going to happen I do know that my provider is in contact with DSA & trying to sort it all out but not an ideal situation I know

With some luck I will find out later this week what is happening

Just a flash of inspiration (take note, these are getting rare now!!). I know that the guy who deals with shifting examiners about and doing creative stuff along those lines has been on leave this last week. Maybe, just maybe, heā€™ll be able to do something to assist. But there will be loads of requests waiting for him - at least 3 from us!!

Certainly stuff happens. And, in fairness to DSA, they generally put vocational tests at greater priority to car tests meaning that a suitably qualified examiner who is actually working on car tests will be seconded to the LGV centre to clear the backlog.

So maybe this will be a good week. Letā€™s hope so. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank for that here is hoping

It just seems that my CE is ill-fated with everything that has happened so far :unamused: but here is hoping something happens this week

Hi animal
Have you had training and just test was canc or did they canc your training too ?

Jx

Jennie:
Hi animal
Have you had training and just test was canc or did they canc your training too ?

Jx

Whole lot was cancelled as we knew on the sat before my training & test so just have to wait till they can fit it all in

Oh good thatā€™s a blessing then as still have the weeks training before test , wishing all the best when you get your dates :smiley:

Jenx

I did my cat CE in Darlington but did my DCPC in newcastle, and itā€™s actually the same instructors who float between the test centers. So by the sounds of things theyā€™re a man down and the rest of them are filling inā€¦

animal:
It just seems that my CE is ill-fated with everything that has happened so far

Thatā€™s good - get the hassle and bad luck out of the way before the test. :slight_smile:

TonyL:
I did my cat CE in Darlington but did my DCPC in newcastle, and itā€™s actually the same instructors who float between the test centers. So by the sounds of things theyā€™re a man down and the rest of them are filling inā€¦

Emm no not always as Newcastle have there own Ken Linda & Linda dont think they are at Darlington I know there is a Trevor at Darlington

Sometimes Paul from Carlisle comes over

OnlyAlan:

animal:
It just seems that my CE is ill-fated with everything that has happened so far

Thatā€™s good - get the hassle and bad luck out of the way before the test. :slight_smile:

Well if you knew the full story in short failed 1st test on reverse 2nd cancelled due to snow 3rd cancelled due to instructor having his DSA test 4th cancelled due to snow 5th cancelled got money back this was back in 08/09 oh think there was a 6th in there as well

Fast forward to now & this happens