FM Criuse control

Hi Guys, a technical question if I may ?

The cruise control on my 2000 FM12 has packed up, does anyone know how they work? I have had the column switch appart and cleaned all the contacts but still no go. Is it operated by a mechanical / vacuum system or is it all electronic. ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

dont know about now but i thought that the volvos cruise control was connected to the main computer and if there is anything else wrong with the truck wether a minor warning etc then the cruise would,nt work.
it was like this on my old wendy house :question:

It’s all electronic. AFAIR, it won’t come on if the ABS light is on for the unit.

Thanks Guys, a trip to VOLVO then…

i been in a fh today and the abs light was on , and the c c was working

why is it the cruise control on Volvos will not work unless you have applied the brakes at least once, It took me a while to figure it out, more than once I have come out of services on motorway and driven for hours thinking something was broke. I eventually figured it out but its not mentioned in the drivers handbook anywhere.

mikermhh:
why is it the cruise control on Volvos will not work unless you have applied the brakes at least once, It took me a while to figure it out, more than once I have come out of services on motorway and driven for hours thinking something was broke. I eventually figured it out but its not mentioned in the drivers handbook anywhere.

VERY annoying :imp:

man,s weve got sometimes dont work ,so you have to press bottom button on right hand side of steering wheel and then it works fine.
old erf i had you had to stop ,take out key for 20/30 seconds ,put key back in and it worked fine , on mine it would also fly over 60 on the flat when the cruise didnt work , boss didnt believe me untill another driver left a note saying cruise and limiter defective,he didnt know to take key out so drove most of the night without it

first check the brake lights are working the switch is close to the air tanks if they are not . If thats ok then its probably the stalk buy a new one from a parts factor half the price of a volvo dealer