Flu

Picked up the flu at the end of last year.

I thought I was coming down with something, then had a day with someone in a warm vehicle whilst I was on gate duty, so I had to keep climbing out into 10mph winds that was about 5’c before the wind and trying to do up all my layers… and when I returned to the vehicle I had to strip them all back to stop overheating.

So yeah. Next day I came down with it pretty hard. Most things in my head bunged up and I relied on family support (thankfully!) to help me with my medication.

I’ve tried the ‘over the counter’ stuff for flu and cold medication, the own-brands tablets, the lemsip, the max flu strength and now I’m on the cough mixture. I have mixed and used paracetamol and ibuprofen within the guidelines (as Lemsip also has paracetamol in it too)

I have blinding headaches pounding front (above eyebrow) and rear (above ear and towards rear) when I cough, and that is sometimes strong enough and repetitive to induce vomiting. Not a nice experience, I can tell you!

I have gone through a variety of orange-juice, water, coffee, etc. I can’t do without coffee! plus food to keep alive…

I got sick on the 29th, first day of being 36 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: And today is the 8th January :frowning:

I have missed out on the new year parties, the post Christmas parties, 2 events away from home with friends ;( ;( and I’m still not fixed :frowning:

The only consolation is that there is no work and I’m unemployed. I managed to get dosed up enough on Lockets to get signed on last week and when I get fixed and better I’ll be training for my class 1.

I only hope that the stress of planning to do my Class 1 isn’t the stress that is keeping me from getting better :frowning:

Oh, I’ve slept a lot too. Most days, 18+ hours a day… But I still have the cough, the partly blocked nose, short lung capacity and occasional pain.

So. How’s your Christmas been? :unamused: :unamused: