Flower transport

Tom_DAF:
Heres the flower power that comes round my town , he leaves his town in Holland which i heard is only a couple of hours from ferry , gets on ferry spends a night on ferry gets of at newcastle drives round all the flower shops for the day gets back on the ferry that night has another night on ferry then a couple of hours driving home.

2axle trailer 2axle trailer not good though :open_mouth:

I know it’s a 2006 topic I was searching for flower truck pics and this one poped up

Anyone got a pic of above whole load ? Intrested to see it

Here’s a video of one. Look out for the M&S Scannies wooshing past him up the corridor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4769203435639838288&q=genre%3Atravel+is%3Afree#

Try Sharon Patison from hull they bring flowers in from holland may be mixed in with a bit of the white stuff though :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

haha this is so old its unreal…

i did some work for pentland plants :blush:
search.php?keywords=plant&terms=all&author=scanny77&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

CargoFlora in Hayes are worth a shout.
I used to work out of their place in the 90s for a subbie.
Mostly handball and awkward hours but they paid the right sort of money.

tanktrotter:
Try Sharon Patison from hull they bring flowers in from holland may be mixed in with a bit of the white stuff though :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are they still going now that the owner has been banged up for 18 years?

Does anybody know any companys either in the Uk or on the continent that does flower transport. Id be very interesed in getting into this as what i am doing now does get very slow after the summer months as many people dont move. If anybody knows any companys this would be a great advantage as i can get into contact with the companys so they can see im keen and interested when i come back looking for a job in the winter. Thanks in advance

HSF

Fredericks do flowers occasionally :smiley: Normally in a rush

HSF

Hurry Stop For nothing logistics :laughing:
try looking here www.v8power.nl theres loads of pics of flower trucks and they,ll have names and numbers on theres also brusse that park at lymm regular white trucks with silver stripes

I know loads of them, worked for them too. But a friend of mine worked for a Danish firm for years ,retired at 60 & died six months later of cancer. Those flowers are sprayed with every chemical known to man and you are in the back of the fridge wrestling with those trolleys on Multi/Multi drops breathing deeply. BEWARE!!!

harry:
I know loads of them, worked for them too. But a friend of mine worked for a Danish firm for years ,retired at 60 & died six months later of cancer. Those flowers are sprayed with every chemical known to man and you are in the back of the fridge wrestling with those trolleys on Multi/Multi drops breathing deeply. BEWARE!!!

Apparently looking at salt gives you cancer these days, it may have been the multi/multi drops that ■■■■■■ him up rather than the chemicals.

Possible. He had made enough to retire early. But it is a known fact that they are hazardous.

Ove Oostergard is the only one I can remember the name of that I regulary meet at my drops for a plant nursery. Next time Im out I will make some notes if your interested?

Try
Kelly European Services (Irish) Hannon Transport (Irish)
Tundermann (Dutch)

3 I can think of that do flowers

Rewmer Thats the one my mate was on for. Good money. Nice equipment.

Only a small firm, and probably the wrong end of the country but there is “Flowers direct south west” based in Hayle in Cornwall.

I believe 6 units and a rigid but good kit, Man TGA XXL, Renault Magnum

Ye i would be very interested if you could do that for me it would be a great help. I looked up the irish firms but they all run artics which i dont have my licence for yet. Alot of the dutch firms run rigids which is ideal for me at the moment as only hold my C licence. thanks for all the replys every1

Try Schrama , D Brusse , cindy flowers

acceptme You can make good money on flowers with a rigid. They are ideal for all the silly nurseries you have to go to… I made more with a rigid than I did with an artic…& got round a lot easier.