Floods

Here on the south coast we have missed the worst of the bad weather. How has it affected you folk who would normally be using the motorway at Sheffield?

You don’t. Either that or set off earlier.

OK for us lot running out of Hull area.

Motorways virtually dead at Junction 37 Barnsley heading too Sheffield.

It took me from 8am until 12 noon to get from Cleckheaton to Swadlincote yesaterday going via Rotherham, i came back through Sheffield and they have really had it bad there.

Going that way again got to go to Reading tonight. :unamused: :unamused:

As our yard is in Sheffield the answer is it’s fun, not… Though going north on the M1 is easier than ever. It’s kind of strange drivng on an empty motorway though.
I had to deliver in the Hope Valley on monday morning and on the way back drove along most of the roads you saw on tv. This was about midday there was no problem at all then though the river Don was running very high and fast. It’s amazing how fast it all went pear shaped from then on.
I was out and about on the bike in the evening ( not the best weather for motorbiking but it was the only way to get through the traffic) and the sight of the Sea King helicopters rescueing people was quite surreal.

By the way a big thanks most go to the RAF, I went to bed at eleven and could still hear the Sea Kings flying around