Flooded!!

What a night, started shift at 6 tonight as usual…but finished by 11…unusual!! Got to first drop and tipped, climbed back in cab to find water peeing in through the roof of the cab, puddles on the floor, all my kit and electricals soaked, unable to see through the misted up window. Was told to see if I could make it to MAN in Gateshead…from Prudhoe, not a big deal but then I get amber engine lights, malfunctions, red engine lights…I’m soaked to the skin…one of them nights. First thing I did when I got home…order new waterproofs!!!
Drive safe tonight guys and girls…

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

But you shouldn’t need waterproofs INSIDE the cab :smiley:

its_me_Eddie:

With the roof hatch nicked you will…

Mines started leaking,and my mate had his seal replaced yesterday.
Both 63 reg

its_me_Eddie:

Waterproofs for outside tipping…snorkel for inside…[emoji23]

commonrail2:
Mines started leaking,and my mate had his seal replaced yesterday.
Both 63 reg

This was a 63 plate MAN. Never seen anything like it before. Must admit cab was under a canopy but should be water tight, water was actually pouring in.

AndrewG:

its_me_Eddie:

Roof hatch was to be escape plan B

its_me_Eddie:

Just add a few goldfish…

And webbed feet!!

typical MAN problem…wheres the gaffa tape when you need it. :smiley:

truckyboy:
typical MAN problem…wheres the gaffa tape when you need it. :smiley:

Funny enough I was gonna start a post last night asking what people carried in their bags cos I don’t half carry some amount of crap and after last night I’m adding more to it!

AndrewG:

its_me_Eddie:

Driving a defective vehicle…■■?

Goldfinger:

AndrewG:

its_me_Eddie:

Driving a defective vehicle…■■?

Not at all, I just let the brake off and let it roll down the hill, no driving required…[emoji5]

EddieMD:
And webbed feet!!

If the driver is from Norfolk he will already have these … :wink:

The first thing I’d try in this driving rain when water is coming in through the roof - is align the parking so it’s facing into the wind. Horizontal Rain can get into all the nooks and crannies - but only if the opening is facing into the wind. Make use of the canopy. I’ve made the mistake of parking up in the summer before, leaving the skylight open by mistake - but didn’t come back to a soaked out cab following the unexpected storm overnight, because I’d habitually taken the trouble to “always park into the wind”… :bulb: :sunglasses:

Winseer:
The first thing I’d try in this driving rain when water is coming in through the roof - is align the parking so it’s facing into the wind. Horizontal Rain can get into all the nooks and crannies - but only if the opening is facing into the wind. Make use of the canopy. I’ve made the mistake of parking up in the summer before, leaving the skylight open by mistake - but didn’t come back to a soaked out cab following the unexpected storm overnight, because I’d habitually taken the trouble to “always park into the wind”… :bulb: :sunglasses:

Didn’t have as choice as had reversed into loading area but that’s something I’ll be keeping in mind