Flogging pallets

Have you ever had pallets for a customer that doesn’t really want them or hasn’t asked for them and how much did you get for them

villa:
Have you ever had pallets for a customer that doesn’t really want them or hasn’t asked for them and how much did you get for them

back in the day… :grimacing: boots Nottingham used to give vouchers for 24 whites unreturned. :laughing: dodgy Scouse fella we used to do Johnson and Johnson back in the day saved up said vouchers when there were roughly 600 - 800 pallets. :wink: said Scouse fella only wanted £200 in hand the rest was mine. :sunglasses: minted in the day. The only ones now, Lidl! 33 in and as many as you can get so £2.50 if you’re lucky. Better than nothing. :grimacing:

Before 1991 iirc, the best euros were stamped up SNCF. mega money £5 a pallet, then the Belgiques DONALD DUCKED IT WITH INFERIOR ONES! Lucky to get £1.50 clean. :unamused: bobbins our kid! :open_mouth:

Nearly got bit in the ■■■ a fortnight ago trying to do a deal on pallets; I’d tipped at a well known German supermarket that sounds like WIDL and did a deal with a bod in there, duly loaded my 100 euros behind the 4 pallets I still had on for my next customer, thinking “I’ll sell these at Leicester forest on the way up”. Wrong! No pallet fella there :imp:

At this point I’m wondering how the next customer will feel about having to move 100 pallets just to get to his stuff, luckily I called into Shepshed on the off chance and there was a very nice fella there who supplied me with my weekend beer tokens!

Went to pick up an empty at one of our customers.
That co. does not use pallets but looked in the back 20 new Euros on the back, I thought ‘result’. :sunglasses: beer money, … thinking another driver had just left them on.
Just on my way to flog them, got a phone call asking what trailer no. had I picked up, told him, he says ''Oh yeh, that ones got 20 empties on, just drop them in yard… :unamused: lucky escape. :smiley:

Get selling them,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see he’s alive and well! :grimacing:

In my old job we had a drop into a place every day, then on a Friday he’d give us as many pallets as he had, it might be 20 or it could have been 150, he’d just let us have them & never wanted a penny for them, we’d then head to the little services at Newton Aycliffe on the A1 and flog them to the fella in there, we’d split the money between us every week.

£3.50 a good Euro I think the sign said at Washington services the other day.

A.

You can get more moneysworth out of them by burning them in your woodstove. :unamused: :unamused:

It was £5.00 per pallet back in the 90’s. There was this place near that stinky factory near Blackwall Tunnel (now gone) that would buy them off you. They advertised with a poster on the southern approach, aimed at artic drivers with a load on the back they wanted shot of.

I think they had to be blue euros though, with the rate for “any pallets any condition £3.50” still being a good bid for the broken rubbish one normally ends up collecting from supermarkets.

I haven’t seen any GKNs and Prus around for a bit btw… Are they still in service?

money for old rope , i’m tellin ya
you’d be a fool not to

made £50 in two days a few years ago,doubt if I could do that nowadays,wherever I go its very tightly controlled

Winseer:
You can get more moneysworth out of them by burning them in your woodstove. :unamused: :unamused:

It was £5.00 per pallet back in the 90’s. There was this place near that stinky factory near Blackwall Tunnel (now gone) that would buy them off you. They advertised with a poster on the southern approach, aimed at artic drivers with a load on the back they wanted shot of.

I think they had to be blue euros though, with the rate for “any pallets any condition £3.50” still being a good bid for the broken rubbish one normally ends up collecting from supermarkets.

I haven’t seen any GKNs and Prus around for a bit btw… Are they still in service?

Anywhere I’ve sold pallets they would not take blue GKNs.

robroy:

Any pallet place that has an old curtain sider will take blue GKN’s Rob, phone in advance and they will make space in it in which to hide them.

Allegedly :wink:

Ahhhhh, such sweet memories :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:

robroy:

Any pallet place that has an old curtain sider will take blue GKN’s Rob, phone in advance and they will make space in it in which to hide them.

Yer man in Thurrock services will take them and no effort made to hide them

Used to work at Nestle Warrington many years ago, on deliveries to Kwiksafe Abergele
You would get your 20 pallets back and you could buy extra one off the fork lift driver
for £1 each and sell them on the way backi to a pallet yard in Flint for £2
One time it was a different lad loading at Kwiksafe so only loaded my 20 pallets exchange
I decided to sell these in Flint only problem was they were closed when got there , so I took them back to Warrington, next morning the warehouse manager and the transport manager came to me and said undo the curtains on the trailer you were using yesterday, they then counted the 20 pallets and just looked at each other, someone near the pallet yard had rang Nestle and said I had sold pallets the previous day.
I never sold another pallet after that lucky escape.

All bulk bags no pallets, agg yard in Hungary only uses new and the place we deliver to/pick up once repackaged to reload for Calais use their own branded bags, they think we’re doing them a favour by ‘getting rid’ 30 empties a time :grimacing:

the maoster:

robroy:

I must have been using the more…‘up market’ pallet buyers than you have then Maost. :smiley:

used to bring back fish from Aberden . Bloke sending it couldn’t get pallets to put the fish on so told us he would pay £1.50 a pallet blue or white , standard or euro , as long as it was good enough for a one way trip to Ireland .Needless to say we cleaned every pallet we could find from the deliveries we did through Scotland every night Fruit markets and wholesalers . Averaged 100 pallets each a week .
£150 on top of your wages 15 years ago was good money :smiley: :smiley: