Flipping tracker

anyone know if there’s an easy way to disable the gps tracker on a volvo fleet monitord vehicle? can I just stick an empty (or full) baked bean can over an antenna, is it one of the ones on the cab roof?

the transport manager isn’t bothered by it and trusts the drivers, but the nobs in the office and company accountant are all over it and just by principle of it i’d like the option of going stealth.

Might be a fuse…

If you’re doing nothing wrong why are you so worried■■?

I’ve taken to wearing a rather fetching hat created from tin foil and sticky backed plastic, I find that this not only stops them from tracking me and listening to my voices arguing with each other it also has the benefit of stopping the ex SAS unarmed combat instructors from bothering me in RDC waiting rooms.

tango boy:

I’m not doing anything wrong, or worried, just wondered if there’s a way to easily disable it. When i’m on hourly paid work, it’s usually time sensitive stuff and there’s no option to drag things out, and when i’m on trip rate it makes more sense for me to get it done as quick as possible to up my average pay. plus I dont haul stuff that would be worth taking on a detour and “losing” off the back for cash in hand.

I’ve had phone calls asking why i’m stopped at X point, so I have to explain that after 4.5hrs driving i have no choice, phone calls asking why i’ve left the normal route (roadwork diversions), and times when they’ve rang and asked why I havent got to destination yet, when I’ve tipped and heading onwards already but the tracker/software hasn’t updated and the office nitwits spaz out.

There are other reasons for a tracker.
It helps find you when your stuck on some god forsaken country road upside down in a ditch because some plonker almost had a head on with you in the night.
Leave it alone. Messing with it could make the vehicle insurance invalid.
And then you’ll be moaning you’ve lost your job because the nobs in the office see it as gross misconduct.

As you say your Transport Manager isn’t worried about, maybe he needs to ask his colleagues why they are interfering in his job?

nick2008:
There are other reasons for a tracker.
It helps find you when your stuck on some god forsaken country road upside down in a ditch because some plonker almost had a head on with you in the night.
Leave it alone. Messing with it could make the vehicle insurance invalid.

I’m all for something being actually helpful, but god knows how we coped before trackers, it must have been a nightmare. and nothing to do with the companies insurance (know this for a fact, not tea room gossip), they’ve just been added because of some bright sparks idea of efficiency.

muckles:
As you say your Transport Manager isn’t worried about, maybe he needs to ask his colleagues why they are interfering in his job?

he has but nothings come of it, because he’s just the transport manager. nothing important, just ensures customers get their deliveries and stock gets picked up to come back to the yard…

Have the office bods singled you, or a small group of you, out for watching?, if so could it be because you’re taking the p?, ie milking different work schedules to suit yourself with either time or money.

If its everyone and reaching the point of harrassment, with constant phone calls likely to detract your attention from the road and cause an accident, simply switch the phone off…

We’re tracked, never had a phone call in all the time i’ve been here asking why or where or whatever, used sensibly it means i maybe get one call a week from the company.

Juddian:
Have the office bods singled you, or a small group of you, out for watching?, if so could it be because you’re taking the p?, ie milking different work schedules to suit yourself with either time or money.

If its everyone and reaching the point of harrassment, with constant phone calls likely to detract your attention from the road and cause an accident, simply switch the phone off…

We’re tracked, never had a phone call in all the time i’ve been here asking why or where or whatever, used sensibly it means i maybe get one call a week from the company.

not singled out at all, it’s all drivers. they’ll probably get bored with it soon enough.

ask a simple question and suddenly tnuk csi team crawl out and assume somethings not right because it doesn’t fit with their bend over and take it all attitude to work.

Your problem is answering the phone. Unless you’re parked, don’t. And if they keep on ringing then park up and when they ring back and you answer tell them you’d be there a lot quicker if you didn’t have to keep stopping to answer the phone.

You can have my TGX, the tracker is miles out.
Office is always confused when I call in & ask for a back load from X location & they think I’m in Y location. [emoji57]
Pre tracker days, you could pop into the odd scrap yard, sell a few pallets, go home for lunch & even con a bit of Toll Money out of them, now it’s all there on the screen, like Harry Potters Map restricting our little fiddles. [emoji6]
Not that I’ve ever done any of the above. (Honest !) [emoji72]

You can buy a gps blocker from eBay for around 20 pound. Illegal in this country and also your sat nav won’t work neither will anyone else’s about 20 metres around you :laughing:

nurglets:

tango boy:

I’m not doing anything wrong, or worried, just wondered if there’s a way to easily disable it. When i’m on hourly paid work, it’s usually time sensitive stuff and there’s no option to drag things out, and when i’m on trip rate it makes more sense for me to get it done as quick as possible to up my average pay. plus I dont haul stuff that would be worth taking on a detour and “losing” off the back for cash in hand.

I’ve had phone calls asking why i’m stopped at X point, so I have to explain that after 4.5hrs driving i have no choice, phone calls asking why i’ve left the normal route (roadwork diversions), and times when they’ve rang and asked why I havent got to destination yet, when I’ve tipped and heading onwards already but the tracker/software hasn’t updated and the office nitwits spaz out.

Sounds like your orifice bods need re-educating. Perhaps a reminder that them ringing you whilst on break is actually work, and resetting your break.

nurglets:
I’ve had phone calls asking why i’m stopped at X point, so I have to explain that after 4.5hrs driving i have no choice, phone calls asking why i’ve left the normal route

:smiling_imp: Jeeeesus, that would really do my ■■■■ swede in, push me over the edge :imp: How tf do you put up with it? :open_mouth:
If somebody is doing that then they have ■■■■ all to do, other than watch you work…tossers!..they are in a ‘non job’ :bulb:

I could not stop myself from immeadiately telling him to go and ■■■■ himself and leave me to do my job which I can manage perfectly without him sticking his ■■■■ beak in.
If that failed I would end up getting the boot on return, after succumbing to the urge to rip the little 2at’s head off. :grimacing: :smiling_imp:

I’m also tracked btw, but never asked any questions concerning routes or stops, just left completely alone to my own devices, as it should be.

robroy:

nurglets:
I’ve had phone calls asking why i’m stopped at X point, so I have to explain that after 4.5hrs driving i have no choice, phone calls asking why i’ve left the normal route

:smiling_imp: Jeeeesus, that would really do my [zb] swede in, push me over the edge :imp: How tf do you put up with it? :open_mouth:
If somebody is doing that then they have [zb] all to do, other than watch you work…tossers!..they are in a ‘non job’ :bulb:

I could not stop myself from immeadiately telling him to go and [zb] himself and leave me to do my job which I can manage perfectly without him sticking his [zb] beak in.
If that failed I would end up getting the boot on return, after succumbing to the urge to rip the little 2at’s head off. :grimacing: :smiling_imp:

I’m also tracked btw, but never asked any questions concerning routes or stops, just left completely alone to my own devices, as it should be.

Same here. All our stuff is tracked but they only monitor it to see how far out incoming stuff is. I’ve never had a phone call asking why have you X y z as all the info id driving hrs etc are listed on the system.
The system we use is to push towards paperless for delivery systems.
Also route planning which when set up works quite well in how long it takes to do the job and by no means pressures the driver every thing is linked to the tacho too

It sounds like it’s the Dynafleet system they’ve got. If that’s the case then it’s on the cab roof although good luck removing that. Alternatively, if you can find the control box and remove the SIM card then it’ll also stop working. As mentioned, it might be required by the insurance at least for theft protection.

This PDF gives a few more details (had to shorten the link as the original didn’t work here):
goo.gl/j8nDWx

As for being called up all the time, I’d tell the accountants that by making you stop to answer the calls they’re increasing the fuel usage each time you slow down / speed up. As for everyone else, tell them you and the other drivers will report them to the boss for spending their whole day watching the tracker and making useless phone calls instead of doing their jobs. Should put the [fb] up them.

robroy:

nurglets:

:smiling_imp: Jeeeesus, that would really do my [zb] swede in, push me over the edge :imp: How tf do you put up with it? :open_mouth:
If somebody is doing that then they have [zb] all to do, other than watch you work…tossers!..they are in a ‘non job’ :bulb:

I could not stop myself from immeadiately telling him to go and [zb] himself and leave me to do my job which I can manage perfectly without him sticking his [zb] beak in.

I like robroy… kindred spirits, innit. :slight_smile:

nurglets:
anyone know if there’s an easy way to disable the gps tracker on a volvo fleet monitord vehicle? can I just stick an empty (or full) baked bean can over an antenna, is it one of the ones on the cab roof?

the transport manager isn’t bothered by it and trusts the drivers, but the nobs in the office and company accountant are all over it and just by principle of it i’d like the option of going stealth.

just wrap the thing in tin foil (aluminium baking foil stuff) that will stop the signal getting through.

or better still get @raymundo to send a recording of his then somehow replay that back to head office in an endless loop.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Anti-Tra … 1225766375

is ilegal to own and/or use in UK :bulb: