Fleetwood docks and Stobarts

i heard quite a bit of talk about Stobarts, and Mongomerys taking over the fleetwood to larne crossing.
the rumour was circulated many times last year, and it’s started again already.
i think it’s a load of [zb]. what do you think?

Haven’t heard a thing, but one I do know is because you’ve mentioned Stobarts, this thread will reach well over 2 pages. Someone mentioned about one being parked up and it’s already got 114 posts :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Good on you limeyphil, lets see how many this one gets :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Each one responsible for screwing the rates up on their respective side of the water :frowning:

fleetwood ferry.jpg

I’d like to see that seeing as the service has already been stopped and the boats sold because the harbour needed dredging . Another load of tripe heard in a RDC waiting room ?

beefy4605:
I’d like to see that seeing as the service has already been stopped and the boats sold because the harbour needed dredging . Another load of tripe heard in a RDC waiting room ?

Beat me to it - that crossing needs very particularly sized vessels due to the shallow approach to Fleetwood, so when the Stena Pioneer and her mates became life-expired there were no suitable boats to take the run over. My view is always to watch the experts - if Stena couldn’t make it pay I can’t see a haulage company re-starting it.

Not heard anything about this. I live over the water from fleetwood and also used to fit tyres for Montgomerys. Can’t see it as they have built already on some of the land.

Yep, P&O ditched Fleetwood some time ago. The channel needs to be dredged several times a year, so it makes it non profitable.

The whole lot has been sold for a marina and new apartments was the last I heard

most of the p+o garage are has not been built on. the offices have been ripped down the main entrance is also been worked on.my old man told me the wind farm guys where looking to taking the place over to store and bring in the the bits to built the towers for them.but the ferries have been sold to the russians have bought the boats to use to ship in supplies to a shallow harbour.something to do with the world cup or something like that.was in the local blackpool gazzette about it.will ask my bro in laws father next week and see if he has heard any rumours about it.

i was told it had to shut due to the dredging costs of £1000000 per year.
it is actually down to the monopolies commision. they forced stena to close it, as they had too many UK/Ireland crossings.