Flatbed /curtains Trailers

Hi, does anyone have an idea of the price for a brand new 45ft Flatbed?
and anyone know the price of 13.6 and 15.6m curtains■■?
and what is the best make and model to use?
Thank you and Safe trucking
Jordan

Well, first off you need a permit to run a 15.6m trailer and if you’re asking the price of one on here, “they” won’t grant you one. Been a while since I had a quote for new kit but i’d say a flat could be about £15k and a curtain anything up to £20k depending on shiny bits.

The worst make is Don Bur, absolute crap.

Basic SDC flat can be had for about 14k, start adding high headboard, sockets and pins,twistlocks, under chassis tray for timbers etc and your up about 15-16k

Last new curtain i bought was 5yrs ago, again SDC, 9ft6 internal with plain curtains and flush rear doors was about 14k iirc but that was a while ago

Unless you want some custom element buying a flat new makes little economic sense you can pick-up box trailers with full length chassis for £2-3k, just cut the box off. The deck will be tidy because it’s never been exposed to weather and the floors tend to be decent construction to withstand forklifts drivng in and out on bays. You will never spend £12k+ on parts and labour to keep it on the road and good for years. It will weigh in for a fair whack or always saleable for export.

Own Account Driver:
Unless you want some custom element buying a flat new makes little economic sense you can pick-up box trailers with full length chassis for £2-3k, just cut the box off. The deck will be tidy because it’s never been exposed to weather and the floors tend to be decent construction to withstand forklifts drivng in and out on bays. You will never spend £12k+ on parts and labour to keep it on the road and good for years. It will weigh in for a fair whack or always saleable for export.

plenty of cut down curtain trailers available but most of these are neither use nor orniment for doing proper flat work

markwill:

Own Account Driver:

plenty of cut down curtain trailers available but most of these are neither use nor orniment for doing proper flat work

Why do you say that?
I avoid them because the bed is often phenolic ply which doesn’t last five minutes but the boxes usually have a proper timber floor. Often won’t have sufficient securing points but that’s not hard to cure.

Own Account Driver:

markwill:

Own Account Driver:

Why do you say that?
I avoid them because the bed is often phenolic ply which doesn’t last five minutes but the boxes usually have a proper timber floor. Often won’t have sufficient securing points but that’s not hard to cure.

you need heavy duty side raves and good headboard

markwill:

Own Account Driver:

markwill:

Own Account Driver:

Why do you say that?

you need heavy duty side raves and good headboard

Ok, we don’t have headboards as we use for large stuff where it’s useful to have the option to overhang both ends. I suppose it depends if you’ve got the kit to do any work on them.