flat out

ok over the past 3 weeks we have not been able to move for work on boxes i have never seen it this busy before and its shows no sign of dropping off
i know many of you will think its just xmas rush picking up but during this time i have probably done 1 rdc the rest scrap yards etc
anyone else noticed i pick up in work and could it be a sign of a little more confidence in the economy witch in turn is helping ppl spend a little more

If people are spending it’s all being done with cheap borrowed money at joke interest rates at the expense of investors.It’s also mostly imports of manufactured goods paid for with the same borrowed and printed money.So probably if it’s happening it’ll be the usual blip followed by a worse crash than before when the investors have withdrawn their money having had to spend it because they get no return on it and when the Chinese etc exporters find out that they’re being paid in worthless pounds.

Carryfast:
If people are spending it’s all being done with cheap borrowed money at joke interest rates at the expense of investors.It’s also mostly imports of manufactured goods paid for with the same borrowed and printed money.So probably if it’s happening it’ll be the usual blip followed by a worse crash than before when the investors have withdrawn their money having had to spend it because they get no return on it and when the Chinese etc exporters find out that they’re being paid in worthless pounds.

There is always some one going to look on the bright side. :smiley:

I’ve noticed a change, 99% of boxes I’ve done over the last year have been imports. Lately I would say it’s nearly 2/3 (66%) are import with a corresponding increase in export. Yes quite a few are scrap metal (American Company, metal going to India), with a smattering of waste paper/plastic, but there is also a lot of other products going to the Far East.

Flat out, yep! Confidence, No!

:
I’ve noticed a change, 99% of boxes I’ve done over the last year have been imports. Lately I would say it’s nearly 2/3 (66%) are import with a corresponding increase in export. Yes quite a few are scrap metal (American Company, metal going to India), with a smattering of waste paper/plastic, but there is also a lot of other products going to the Far East.

Flat out, yep! Confidence, No!

talking to a lad who has worked here for few yr and he said he never seen it this busy and even at this time of the yr it cant last forever so its make hey while the sun shines
only downside is im right on my 90 nearly every week last week 89hr 50 mins this week 88 hrs like going back on general haulage :smiley:

cliffton 27:

:
im right on my 90 nearly every week last week 89hr 50 mins this week 88 hrs like going back on general haulage :smiley:

cliff, stop driving like an F1 driver :laughing: like you did at stobrats! :sunglasses: it’ll end in tears you know :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

All the quarry and muck firms are flat out around here. We can’t get enough hired hauliers. In the last week I’ve done loads (no pun intended) of work into Buckinghamshire where house building is going mad in the Aylesbury area.
Also our Saturday rate has been upped by £20 (it was good before)…

Yeah we have got busy last couple of months.

There’s a General Election coming up, they always try to big things up on the approach. Personally I don’t think so, I don’t know anyone who has had a pay rise for five or six years now, real inflation is running at 8% now, where is this boom going to come from■■?

I did see a report of hundreds of container and freighter ships all parked up doing nothing in the Far East somewhere a few years ago.
Some firms seem to recession proof.Small firms that have a niche in the market are doing very well and are flat out all year.These are;
Garador Yeovil.20artics away all week.
Numatic International.They export Henry vacumns.Chard.
Dorset Village Bakery or Fudges ltd.Stallbridge.Fine cakes and biscuits to Harrods and other prestigous clients.
Caice air movement and heating ventilation at Sturminster.
Powrmatic engineering.Ilminster.
All above Somerset based.

The transport isn’t going to be there though, it’s been such a waste of time over the past few years, firms are just limping it & many won’t expand to cover the short fall in case it goes pear shaped again.

Tesco are crying out for traction but what’s the point when they’ll all be stood down with nowt to do after Christmas, cracks me up the muppets that drop on it thinking they’ve “arrived” so drop their year round bread & butter mundane work only to be taught a valuable lesson a few months down the line, it’s not even good money!

Harry Monk:
There’s a General Election coming up, they always try to big things up on the approach. Personally I don’t think so, I don’t know anyone who has had a pay rise for five or six years now, real inflation is running at 8% now, where is this boom going to come from■■?

Well we gotta put all the illegal immigrants somewhere.