Flat or reefer canada

is there more waiting around on flat or reefer,if so which one is the most waiting about. i would prefer flat or lowloader work because it gives you that little bit more excercise and variety of work. could any one tell me which flat/lowloader companies employ uk drivers. (i know big freight do ).
i have recently got a job in uk doing reefer work but there is a lot of hanging about,is it the same there,
i am in the process of arranging interview with H&R and just wondering what other options there are. thanks.

I went out and did Reefer work, and believe me there is alot of waiting around, although not the only reason, it was one of the reasons I came back, as for the flat work, I love it, but when you hands want to fall off just closing the reefer doors in winter, I just can’t imagine roping and sheeting in minus 40.

REEFERS
General haulage uses reefers a LOT in Canada, as the fridge motor will also keep a load warm. Did a load of beer up to Winnipeg in the winter, outside it was -30 odd, in the trl it was +5, cool, but not cold enough for the beers to freeze.

can anybody tell me of any flat or lowloader companies hiring u.k. drivers
thanks.

if you want to stay fit then i would say flats,and fridges if you want to
develope a fridge belly like my own work in progress.

didster7:
can anybody tell me of any flat or lowloader companies hiring u.k. drivers
thanks.

Big Freight in Manitoba, I work there at the moment, not the best job in the world or even Manitoba but a good a place to start as any, just bear in mind that ANY job that uses immigrant workers is not going to be the best, if it was that good the locals would all work there.

There are plenty of good jobs over here though, just ask davey68 or bob the dog, you just gotta serve your time & get the experience under your belt like anywhere else in the world, you will need to do a winter before any decent employer will take you on though, if you have any questions PM me, I think Big Freight pay out for recommendations & I’m a greedy money grabbing ■■■■■■■ :laughing: