Flashing/waving

I have noticed mcburney and maxi drivers giving us a wave now on the A77. I started doing to them and a DFDS driver did it to me today. I always return the gesture and they return my gesture. We don’t really chat to each other but we are all running up and down the same route every day for different companies. Do you lot acknowledge this even when you have no idea who the driver is? I see it as a sign of respect between drivers but there have been times when it has left me a little bewildered. I always return it anyway and so do other drivers :laughing:

We’ve got a few Owens trailers on free loan from Montracon, while we are waiting on an order for 10 new ones, every time I go down to Wales they all Flash & Wave, I just wave back to be polite. (Even started to Flash them 1st now. Lol)

If I get flashed or waved the first thing I do is look in my mirrors to whats hanging off the wagon :laughing:
Plant movers and beavertails often flash and wave me and other FLT companies :smiley:
Either that or they can hear my singing and asking me to turn it down :blush: :laughing:

I flash at those I know or meet every other day. If on the a75 or a41 I do gave a wee wave to most I meet

That’s the way it used to be in days gone bye, there was guys who you waved to on a regular basis that you never met but if they didn’t appear for a week or two you wondered what was up. And we all flashed one another in after overtaking it was just a nice thing to do. But I doubt if those days will ever reappear it seems to be the I AM ALL RIGHT JACK attitude coupled with no respect. Eddie.

erfguy:
That’s the way it used to be in days gone bye, there was guys who you waved to on a regular basis that you never met but if they didn’t appear for a week or two you wondered what was up. And we all flashed one another in after overtaking it was just a nice thing to do. But I doubt if those days will ever reappear it seems to be the I AM ALL RIGHT JACK attitude coupled with no respect. Eddie.

Spot on!

Steve

I get flashed and waved at most days, mainly for doin 40mph on single carriage way :laughing:

Half of the miserable ■■■■■ on our own company do not acknowledge me :smiley:

Had a tomsetts flash and wave at me today, wonder if it was mistaken identity on the M40 as I don’t publicly show what truck i drive :smiling_imp:

When I was on the buses we/they give a wave or flash to every single one. Not much of them on roads outside the cities.

Did the same with larries. Does not matter do I know him or not. Now when you go down the motorway :open_mouth: you can keep your hand up all the time :smiley:

Great camaraderie amongst the straw lorrys, they even hang on the anchors to let you out of a bad junction to cross traffic, lights, waves the lot :smiley:

When i was on the drays we used to flash all the other beer lorries and they would flash / wave back. It was a sign of mutual respect for the jobs that we did. :laughing:

puntabrava:
Great camaraderie amongst the straw lorrys, they even hang on the anchors to let you out of a bad junction to cross traffic, lights, waves the lot :smiley:

On the A5 coming off for Shrewsbury the other week I was going around the roundabout and slowed to let a wagon out (it was a busy road) as I knew he would be struggling with the faster traffic from the A5, he had to do a double take and couldn’t believe his luck :laughing: :laughing:

Most of the Cornish hauliers will flash and wave each other and also all the bulkers in Devon/Dorset etc.

Drift:

puntabrava:

On the A5 coming off for Shrewsbury the other week I was going around the roundabout and slowed to let a wagon out (it was a busy road) as I knew he would be struggling with the faster traffic from the A5, he had to do a double take and couldn’t believe his luck :laughing: :laughing:

I always do the same, just crowl through the roundabout to let other chap go.
It’s funny when you expect others do the same and you start to pull out but…jump on the brakes and keep waiting for your gap. Of course, he don’t have to do that. Well might be he’s short for time :smiley:

scbdriving:
Half of the miserable [zb] on our own company do not acknowledge me :smiley:

+1

Pimpdaddy:

scbdriving:
Half of the miserable [zb] on our own company do not acknowledge me :smiley:

+1

+2. But luckily I am getting quite adept at changing my wave to a single elevated digit before they disappear off into the distance. :imp:

the maoster:
+2. But luckily I am getting quite adept at changing my wave to a single elevated digit before they disappear off into the distance. :imp:

Ill try that next time, see if it works…:laughing:

I’ve run down to Wombourne from Barnsley tonight and I would say only about 20-30% of trucks I have passed have flashed me back in. It’s a sorry state of affairs and ■■■■ attitude of some drivers IMO.
I always flash others in even caravans and flash anyone back in who flashes me out to allow me to overtake or pull onto the motorway. I sometimes flash or get flashed by the other firms who subby for us.

We’ve got so many subbies pulling for us now that I just wave at every truck on the road!!! :stuck_out_tongue: