Flashed twice but not speeding

Had a spot of bad luck with 2 speed cameras the last couple of days. Twice they flashed but in both cases I was within the limits.

First time was last Friday night on the A446 northbound outside the Belfry. I was driving the 7.5 tonner at 43 mph (any faster and I would hit the car in front) through the GATSO when it flashed twice behind me. I’ve since noticed some loops in the road there so this is now a 40mph truck camera. As the limit for 7.5 tonners on that road is 50mph I am confident that I am OK.

Second time was yesterday on the A45 souhtbound at Ryton when I was in the inside lane at 45 mph being overtaken by an ED truckin 7.5 tonner who triggered the camera. This was a Truvelo camera which flashed once.

I hope the Warwickshire police camera team realise I am innocent,as I don’t fancy having to contest any tickets they may issue.

If the camera goes off when somebody is being overtaken can they tell which lane has triggered it? I’m not sure how the Truvelo cameras work. They seem to have a loop in the road

Just hoping that any more cameras dont flash me.

Calv

Calv,

The Truvelo’s do operate using loops in the road.

In front of the loops, are three white lines on the road. The speeding vehicle will be the one with it’s wheel pictured between the lines. (The police won’t send you the photo, you will have to request it)

If you do get a summons (or Notice of Intended Prosecution as they are called) and you believe you were not speeding, ask to see all the evidence the police have. A photograph alone is not really sufficient.

There are plenty of websites about which give tips on how to defend yourself.

Give it a few weeks and if you haven’t heard anything, then you should be OK

My first speeding fine ever is pending! The camera at the Belfry got me! :frowning: Folks it is size sensative! :smiling_imp:

Calv:
First time was last Friday night on the A446 northbound outside the Belfry. I was driving the 7.5 tonner at 43 mph (any faster and I would hit the car in front) through the GATSO when it flashed twice behind me. I’ve since noticed some loops in the road there so this is now a 40mph truck camera. As the limit for 7.5 tonners on that road is 50mph I am confident that I am OK.

The loops won’t be sensitive enough to distinguish accurately between (for example) a 7.5t truck and a 10t one - they’re magnetic, and they work on how big a lump of metal you’re driving (or possibly distance between axles). However, the police should cross-check your registration details and see that the vehicle is 7.5t MAM, so they shouldn’t issue a ticket. Whether they will or not, is another story.

Calv:
Second time was yesterday on the A45 souhtbound at Ryton when I was in the inside lane at 45 mph being overtaken by an ED truckin 7.5 tonner who triggered the camera. This was a Truvelo camera which flashed once.

I don’t know how they distinguish between multiple vehicles on single flash cameras.

Ladytrucker679:
! :frowning: Folks it is size sensative! :smiling_imp:

Just how big are you ma-am :laughing:

I’ve been flashed a few times driving a 7.5t wagon over 40mph, but not over 50mph, so have been legal. I have never had any come back. They obviously realise the camera thought the wagon was a 17t or whatever and disregarded it. Don’t stress unless you get a letter through the door.

Sadly I’ve never been flashed by an attractive young lady. :cry: :slight_smile: