Flagging out.

this looks straight forward.

mhlegal.eu/blog/cutting-costs-of … -business/

So, has the law on cabotage been changed in recent years? The reason I ask is because this is exactly what a few operators did in previous years [most famously/notoriously Romantiek BVBA/Mendlesham Group - who flagged out to another EU country, Belgium], almost to the letter. But because the ministry was able to prove, using dock records and such like, that the trucks had been substantively operated WITHIN the UK for most of the time [i.e. had barely made any trips abroad as might be expected for a ‘foreign’ company], then they were in breach - because a) no UK operators licence existed and b) lack of a substantive operation in the ‘other’ country caused the authorities there to revoke their operators licence. It seems the Belgian authorities disliked the idea as much as VOSA did in the UK

Just interested that’s all, because in the above case the trucks and trailers were impounded and thus the business effectively closed down. It seems rather risky to me…

Mate, you need to go down to immingham docks, its like a refugee camp for walter koops polish mafia, all sat there waiting for unaccompanied trls, right next to the vosa camp, vosa just aint interested, lots easier to nick an englishman in his home country than a foreigner underdutting his work, welcome and enjoy european union, we shall all be equal together, which actually means before long, we will all be down to eastern block living conditions and wages… good luck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was a few firms ran in to problems flagging out to holland an Belgium if I remember correctly.

richmond ,ramsgate is no different , loads of right hand drive motors on russian and non eu plates doing traction work down here , looking at the state of the motors your right vosa aint intrested, i have seen better looking motors in a scrap yard.

gazza1970:
richmond ,ramsgate is no different , loads of right hand drive motors on russian and non eu plates doing traction work down here , looking at the state of the motors your right vosa aint intrested, i have seen better looking motors in a scrap yard.

No way they are on russian plates, its a lot more profitable, to run Moscow - Germany, than work in UK :wink:

For example Riga(Latvia) - Moscow 2000 euros for a 40ft container, 2200 euros for a fridge, total distance for round trip 2000km, when you come back into LV fuel up(1400L) leave 200L to get back to the border, sell the rest for a profit.

And is there any point for Russians to come over and compete with romanians, bulgarians?

Cabotage rules:

EU rules on cabotage restrict the number of permitted cabotage jobs to three in seven days, subsequent to a loaded international journey

I assume if you are operating mainly in UK, there is no point to flag out…

However, if you operate mostly in EU, it makes a lot of sense to flag out.

riho they are on Belarus plates as well as other non eu countrys and all right hand drive pulling for Continental Cargo Carriers.
there must be some think with these plates as sitra has a lot of its fleet now registered in Belarus.

Drivers wanting to work for €312 per month are queuing around the block, many of them are on here :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
Drivers wanting to work for €312 per month are queuing around the block, many of them are on here :unamused:

What a next a Dutch aution,who can work the cheapest?,my money’s on the Albanians hands down winners!

Wheel Nut:

Spoke to one Willi Betz driver couple weeks ago, and he told me if they do Afghanistan, they get about 1200 euros per month, and what they also do to make more money is fuel up in Kazakhstan(0.5$/l) for their own money(they have two tanks both 700L, so they fill up one, and use the other one for the rest of the journey) and when they get to Latvia(thats where they swap trailers) they just sell the diesel for 1.20$

If the guy said truth then it dosent seem that bad, well one thing is for sure, they definetly dont work for 800 euro, and neither do I think anyone works for the 312 mentioned above, even the guys who go to Latvia from Ukraine, BY get 50 euros a day 7 days a week if they do round trips in europe.

Dont know about the gypsies thou.

That is the MINIMUM threshold allowed by the law. NI are based on that. It’s a common practice in Bulgaria to be insured for the minimum allowed by the law, BUT actually receive the normal salary. The rest of NI can be paid in other Pension Funds. This saves a lot of costs for the company owner.

This is very suitable for drivers working for themselves, since you save on NI, but receive what you really earn through the company. The ones who want decent NI, can pay it in the UK separatelly.