Flagging out to Latvia or Lithuania

Hello, I wanted to ask you OD, why dont you flag out to Latvia or Lithuania, in those two countries expenses like road tax, insurance, MOT, licence is a lot smaller than in the rest of Europe. What are the reasons that keep you away doing it?

Riho:
Hello, I wanted to ask you OD, why dont you flag out to Latvia or Lithuania, in those two countries expenses like road tax, insurance, MOT, licence is a lot smaller than in the rest of Europe. What are the reasons that keep you away doing it?

Hi Riho,

I’d say that there are a number of good reasons why an O/D wouldn’t flag out to LV or LT.

The two reasons that come most readily to my mind are language difficulties and a lack of understanding of the procedures in dealing with bureaucracy in those countries. IMHO, any initial savings made would likely be negated by an O/D needing to hire (and pay for) lots of local help.

Because Beverley woudln’t like it.

Riho:

Ar kalbate angliškai?

Yes I do, but that is in Lithuanian, I am from Latvia.

Riho:
Yes I do, but that is in Lithuanian, I am from Latvia.

:laughing: :laughing:

Wikileaks, or Wikipedia language school :wink:

David Croome did it he flagged a good few trucks out to a yard in Kaunus when I was round tripping to the Baltic States, the drivers had access to a motel to use for washing etc, I think this was Croomes address too IIRC. It was around that time that he started slaughtering our garment rates back to The UK, how strange :open_mouth: LT plates & drivers & knocking hundreds of pounds off the rates quoted by fully fledged UK hauliers. He was’nt the first & he won’t be the last get used to it I’ve been dealing with it since 1989, my advice don’t ply your trade doing anything they’re nearly capable of.

Fly sheet