FL6 220 low oil pressure

Hello there
I have an issue with a 2001 FL6 220 with a D6B engine
I have little oil pressure when the engine is hot 1.5bar at idel arond 4 bar at 1500rpm . when cold around 4bar to 5.5bar @1500rpm
so far i have changed big end & main shells and thrust bearings checked the oil pump for wear and striped out and cleaned all the valves and relife valve in filter head.
Oil is new 15w40 mineral oil SHPD and i am running on new volvo oil filters.
No sign of any particals on the magnetic pump when we first dropped the oil.
the engine sounds as sweet as a nut and shows no sign of any smoke and still has plenty of power. I have fitted an external pressure gauge to verify its not an electrical fault
Any ideas welcome■■?

Gaz

I’ve got oil pressure issue with our FH, okay when cold but as it warms sometimes it drops really low and then the warning message and reduces engine power, but it doesn’t always happen. They’ve put a manual oil pressure gauge on it to try and see if it is pressure or the electrical side and of course it now won’t show the error. :imp:

I had the same changes both oil pressure switches . Low oil pressure when hot They have à new supplier for the swiches Which They had alot of trouble with the old ones

Hello again
i have now ruled out a compressor issue by shutting off the oil feed to the compressor.
Any old school volvo men out there? I have now run out of ideas
regards

gaz

so 4 bar is about 58 psi, what sort of pressure are you thinking it should be?
what sort of psi have you when flat out?
I used to run a td60b in a Volvo f6, never had oil pressure problems though they do rev quite hard so if you have 58 psi @1500 rpm I would think you would be around the 70 psi mark flat out

hi

when the oil is hot and the engine is at idel i have less than 1.5bar and the oil presure warnings are going off backed up with presure gauge readings. flat out hot about 3-3.5 bar

regards

gaz

that does sound low, the readings you first posted on Monday were higher, they did seem slightly low but ok to run to me
is the thing using any oil? is the temp in the right range?
I did see some fl6 engines on flea bay last week

gazzam:
the engine sounds as sweet as a nut and shows no sign of any smoke and still has plenty of power.

There’s nothing wrong with it then and you’re just getting overly worried about a faulty sensor. :wink:

Thanks for the replys
engine temp around 80-90
oil temp 55-60 when the pressure falls off

regards

gaz

GETTING:
I had the same changes both oil pressure switches . Low oil pressure when hot They have à new supplier for the swiches Which They had alot of trouble with the old ones

The first thing they did when it happened was change oil pressure switch, it then did a few thousand kms without any problems, it then did it again, they then changed the oil thermostat in the oil cooler, and okay again for a few thousand kms. But it happening more often now, it seem to happen once the engine gets warm, but will stop after a while. It also seem to stop when the revs drop, but last time it did through all rev ranges.

I’m wondering if the replacement oil pressure switch is also faulty and getting worse with time. It’s bloody annoying as we seem to be chasing phantoms, and think we’ve fixed it only for it to return a few weeks later.