FL10 Hauling breeding pigs UK\Europe

FL 10 Hauling livestock uk\europe

I wonder if Ian Clapp Farms had that new or if it began life with Partridges.

BB

Allmost sure Partridges of Devon had that motor new mate can remember that in Banbury mrkt on thursdays when it was brand new mate christ thats showing my age !!! Regards George.

Basilbrush:

BB

toplineruk:

What was the gross weight of that FL10 with that axle configuration ?
Cheers Dave.

you are correct it was new to Partridges of crediton . Michael partridge had it new . i believe its gross weight was 30tonnes , dave pollard from crediton drove it in the end and had a serious accident on a303 around ilminster resulting in a car driver dying . partridges sold it after they also had a lot of problems with axle weights its now blue and involved with some kind of steam engines from the stratford area. An owner driver from taunton had a similar fl10 on with langdons in curtainsider format.

Dave the Renegade:

toplineruk:

Cheers Dave.

Wouldnt it be the same as a standard set up 4 axle rigid .
32t ?

Suedehead:

Dave the Renegade:

toplineruk:

Cheers Dave.

32t ?

As ANNIE S PRIDE say’s the axle weights would be against that,can’t really see how that set up would be legal with three axles at the back with just the one front axle.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Suedehead:

Dave the Renegade:

toplineruk:

Cheers Dave.

32t ?

As ANNIE S PRIDE say’s the axle weights would be against that,can’t really see how that set up would be legal with three axles at the back with just the one front axle.
Cheers Dave.

Perhaps the pigs used to stand at the back? :smiley:

Suedehead:

Dave the Renegade:

Suedehead:

Dave the Renegade:

toplineruk:

Cheers Dave.

32t ?

Cheers Dave.

Perhaps the pigs used to stand at the back? :smiley:

Hence the saying " piggy back " :laughing: .

Think that set up was a 29 tonner think it was for cheaper tax at the time cant see it being any worse than a six wheeler as axle weights go

Think that set up was a 29 tonner think it was for cheaper tax at the time cant see it being any worse than a six wheeler as axle weights go

R975ENC:

I seem to remember Langdons running the same configuration

R975ENC:

Was there a lift axle on it?
Before anyone asks . . not the steer axle :slight_smile:

Are they all on single wheels?

Are Partridges still on the go?, they had a nice F16 at one time I seem to remember.

Yes all 3 rear axles were supasingles and the front and rear axle lifted a good setup really and all three decks were lifting aswell which made it quite unique i suppose and even one of kind maybe?

Suedehead:

R975ENC:

Was there a lift axle on it?
Before anyone asks . . not the steer axle :slight_smile:
[/quoteiiirc the middle axle on back was drive with lift axles front and rear]

Flordon Flounder:
Allmost sure Partridges of Devon had that motor new mate can remember that in Banbury mrkt on thursdays when it was brand new mate christ thats showing my age !!! Regards George.

Basilbrush:

BB

I wouldn’t mind admitting my age if we could go back to the days when Banbury Market was regarded as The Stockyard of England flounder. They were better days before it claimed to be the stockyard of europe, look where that got it & a lot of our other markets. All Closed.

BB

toplineruk:
F
Hi toplineruk,
I can remember reading the article in a truck magazine about Partridges` Volvo cattle truck and I believe the reason for the three axles ( is the correct term called a " tridem " ? ) was to make the truck more manoeuvrable in farmyards. The length of the livestock body is 30 feet, therefore care would still be needed for rear-end swing out. I am sure the first of the rear axles could be raised, and if the rearmost axle had similar fitment then it could possibly have originally have been a 4 x 2 tractor unit and then s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to the required length.
I am enclosing a photograph I took last year of a Volvo F M tipper owned by Metcalfe Bros. of Sedbergh,■■■■■■■■ which has the same axle layout. An additional axle was fitted to prevent overloading the rear axles when transporting their long road-planing machine ( whatever the correct name is !! ) on their centre-axled drawbar trailer. You will notice the rear-end tapering of the tipper body sides to prevent fouling.
Our local council, South Lakeland District Council , also had some Volvo F M s with the same rear axle arrangement, - to prevent rear axle overloading on their refuse-collection. Looking back now I wish I had taken some photographs of the SLDC trucks, because they were fitted with sleeper cabs, even though the crew spent most of the time out of the cab emptying the wheelie-bins.
I hope this reply is of help to you.
Cheers, cattle wagon man.

I knew I had seen another one, with thanks to the bubbleman