Fl10 'globetrotter'

spotted this on tuesday by the dutch/belgium border, inside was spotless. never seen a globetrotter fl before!

before going onto the train i stopped at the new services to put enough diesel to get me to antwerp, pulling onto the pumps i watched the police turned up to this chech registered magnum.

two of them in the truck, had pulled up an hour before and got their heads down!..driver was so struck by the wpc he decided to impress here with his collection of tacho charts… :laughing:

Theres a couple of FL10 globies knocking about over here ive seen, dont think Volvo made them like that, so they must be aftermarket conversions.

Isn’t that the top bit from one of the older premium high cabs, bolted on top? Looks a bit like it.

Alex

Never knew you could get a FL10 BUT did know of the F10 globbie,
mate from liverpool had one,am sure he sayed there was only a few in the country , he worked for R.A Larkin out liverpool there colours was all red ,but they never painted the F10 am 99% sure it was silver , they bought of a guy who showed it and was immaculate !

Most of the FL10/12 Globetrotters were after market conversions in the UK, but I think a volvo/volvo dealer did develop one in europe it was on a volvo stand at one of the international truck shows years ago. It was also used on FL dustcarts. :slight_smile: There were a few FL12 globetrotters about in the south west when the FL12 was about. :slight_smile:

i remember seeing a few dutch ones with a ‘globetrotter’ conversion, and from what im told about wendy houses it would be an ideal thing to do to them, i have never driven one on the road but the old shunter where i used to work was still nice to drive

Those FL’s were indeed a lovely drive. I used to collect new ones ex Irvine factory for delivery to dealers uk wide.

The fL10 was a nice vehicle to drive, probably the very first car like drive, quiet, good box and a bit of power. As a truck to spend a week or a month away, space was lacking. Im sure Estepe did a globetrotter conversion and the TNN website talks about an all steel Globetrotter cab.

Here is an early prototype.

Probably an FL 10 is better

Trevor Pye from Wem use to run a FL10 Globetrotter,
and i`ve seen one in Lloyd Watsons colours running down the A41 with the stepframe pallet link type trailer most nights about 18.30 hrs,
this may well be the same motor been sold on.