"Fixed" speed cameras in France

As I recall, no, they won’t chase you if you get flashed and fined. But God help you if they should pull you for any reason. The fine will be on record and as soon as they enter your registration into their database, you’re done for.

bigvern1:
I’ve lost count of the times that I’ve been flashed by cameras all over Europe. I won’t lose any sleep over it. :wink:

We take the car over most years and have been flashed lots of times and have never heard a thing about it, it’s the times when you see them lurking at the side of the road with the radar gun you have to slow down.

A mate of mine who lives in France says that fines are “departmental”. Therefore if a reg. check is made in France only those offences in that “department” will show up.

gazzer:
A mate of mine who lives in France says that fines are “departmental”. Therefore if a reg. check is made in France only those offences in that “department” will show up.

?

I live in France and would love you to clarify what you are trying to say, as what you have written makes no sense.

Héraultais:

gazzer:

?

I live in France and would love you to clarify what you are trying to say, as what you have written makes no sense.

:confused: :confused: Really? What he has written makes perfect sense to me! Whether his statement is correct or not is another matter. He is only passing on what his mate who lives in France has told him!

So according to his mate, if you get your registration number run through the computer in Department 33 - Gironde - Bordeaux for example, then only offences relative to that particular registration number and in that specific Department, Department 33, would show up! Whether that’s true or not is another matter, but what he is saying is understandable and makes sense.

I for one would be interested to know what’s true and what’s hearsay, one way or the other! Merci! :wink:

bullitt:
:? :confused: Really? What he has written makes perfect sense to me! Whether his statement is correct or not is another matter. He is only passing on what his mate who lives in France has told him!

For the benefit of those who didn’t get that I was trying to be polite, let me rephrase my reply to this.

gazzer:

All offences are recorded on the “Systeme National des permis de conduire (SNPC)” regardless of which department you are in, so commit one offence of minor speeding in 12 different departments (only usually 1 point for a minor offence of no more than 20 over the limit) and you will lose your licence.

Hope that helps.

Héraultais:
…All offences are recorded on the “Systeme National des permis de conduire (SNPC)” regardless of which department you are in, so commit one offence of minor speeding in 12 different departments (only usually 1 point for a minor offence of no more than 20 over the limit) and you will lose your licence.

Hope that helps.

It does, merci beaucoup, but if you knew this already why didn’t you just say that in the first place? Also, that still doesn’t answer the question raised IE… if your registration number is checked against a computer record by Les Flic whilst in a specifically numbered Department (Dep 33 for example) then ONLY offences recorded IN THAT particular Department will show up!! So, is this true or false?

Sounds like ‘radio chauffeur’ (driver’s talk) to me. I may see a mate who’s a gendarme this week, will pose the question to him.

Craig

Bullitt…doesnt matter where flashed, Calais, or Paris, Lyon, Or marseille…it will be recorded on a National database…so if you are stopped for a check and they say Bonjour mesieur, licence Merci, plus Passport sil vous plait…all what you owe will be demanded tout suite…savvy…me old sparrer.

having been flashed so often in france that it resembles a strobe at a disco,ive never cae to greif from a fixed camera over the countless years of doing so,to the extent that when id see one,il speed up to see if it flashes or not.its never been pursued on uk plates,nor hs it been pursued on paddy plates.the only greif if its a plod with a gun on the spot…my passport and licences have been examined countless times with nothing showing up…my 1 question is,even if the truck reg is stored for whatever speeding offences registered against it…who is to say what driver was driving it at the time of the offence.you could be on someone elses truck,your not liable,and neither is the owner unless it was him,so I would think anything like that happening would be…pish. :slight_smile: