Fixed penalty for speeding

Looking for advice. I was caught on a speed camera at 80mph in my car last July, received a FP in post for £100 and 3 points SP30 on my licence :frowning: . Will DVLA notify the Traffic Commissioner (I have a PSV and HGV licence) and do I need to inform her? No points apart from the 3 last year.

Forgot to say, it was on a dual carriageway I was caught, 70mph limit.

I have been told that the TC gets informed if a PSV/HGV driver is caught speeding, even if it is in their car. Also been told I have to inform TC so don’t know whats right. Help, any advice much appreciated.

It’s highly unlikely that the Police will inform the TC, and although you are supposed to, nobody ever does.

rhynie:
I have been told that the TC gets informed if a PSV/HGV driver is caught speeding, even if it is in their car. Also been told I have to inform TC so don’t know whats right. Help, any advice much appreciated.

do NOT tell/ inform anybody! :grimacing: TC, insurance or your gaffer :sunglasses: loose lips, sink ships :laughing:

You are obliged to inform the TC of any offence, you not informing is against the licence conditions, which could lead to suspension of said licence.
Could, because you may be lucky and they don’t actually find out.

Where’s your official link to this wheeto before this bloke rings up the TC office and causes unnecessary hassle for himself? :unamused: think you’ll find the referral is made by DVLA for certain offences not all.

DVLA and your Boss are the only one`s that you need to worry about,unless you are an habitual offender or you get done for offences more than speeding

On the two occasions I was done for speeding in a truck I never informed anyone and never heard anything. Obviously the boss knew because he got the initial letter but never even considered contacting the TC, that’s just crazy talk. :smiley:

The operator has an obligation to inform the TC of any convictions of his employees. This is part of the O licence terms.

You on the other hand have no obligations to inform them. There is a statutory document from the senior traffic commissioner for vocational driver conduct which lays down what the TC will be likely to do if they find out about your points etc. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/251199/6-driver-conduct.pdf

I wouldn’t be unduly worried about a single speeding offence in your car. Mobile phone maybe. I would however worry if you get up to 9 points and need to renew your licence for any reason. You are likely to meet a TC if that happens.

a few years back my mate was done twice speeding in 3 months,once in his car and once in a truck,he told noone but was called in for a chat with the TC in brum?

xamtex:
a few years back my mate was done twice speeding in 3 months,once in his car and once in a truck,he told noone but was called in for a chat with the TC in brum?

MMTM :grimacing:

weeto:
You are obliged to inform the TC of any offence, you not informing is against the licence conditions, which could lead to suspension of said licence.
Could, because you may be lucky and they don’t actually find out.

loose lips, sink ships :laughing: mums the word :sunglasses: