Fitting Parrot Kit

Any one fitted a parrot hands free kit with good results? I have a bluetooth stereo in the maggy but the mic reception is poor. The radio is labeled as 24 volts (not checked though) and is on the can bus.

So anyone done it? was it straight forward or a pain in the diff?

Weve got them in every truck and in the artics there all good…guy local to us in southampton fits them

truckertang:
Weve got them in every truck and in the artics there all good…guy local to us in southampton fits them

Do you have contact details for the installer?

Sent pm

Thank you.

Installation of these always seems to go one of two ways, with nothing inbetween, either a piece of ■■■■ or a total nightmare.

Own Account Driver:
Installation of these always seems to go one of two ways, with nothing inbetween, either a piece of ■■■■ or a total nightmare.

With that in mind I will call installer for a price, way my luck is at the moment it will be the later.

Parrot do a kit which requires no fitting as such. plug into cig lighter socket and clip to sun visor, fantastic bit of kit, move from vehicle to vehicle in seconds, no installation charges
parrot mini kit neo its called, check it out on parrot website, also available on flea bay
hth

green456:
Parrot do a kit which requires no fitting as such. plug into cig lighter socket and clip to sun visor, fantastic bit of kit, move from vehicle to vehicle in seconds, no installation charges
parrot mini kit neo its called, check it out on parrot website, also available on flea bay
hth

Tried a few of the portable kits (though not the parrot one), found that the mic’s were not very good.

bazstan009:

green456:
hth

Tried a few of the portable kits (though not the parrot one), found that the mic’s were not very good.

Depends on how you set em up and where you place em… I still say you can’t beat the wire in the ear job

Fitted the 3100 in my car, was simple plug and play and hide the box behind the dash

My new renault was fitted with a Bluetooth radio but was very poor. I bought a refurbished parrot m9200 of eBay it was a very simple DIY fix and it works brilliantly with my I phone. Voice dialing is excellent I can receive incoming calls by voice command as well. I can also stream music via Bluetooth from the phone. Altogether blumin marvellous for £100 !

Fitted one to a MAN you need 24v to 12v dropper and 2 iso speaker plugs (male+female)
tap into live and switched for the dropper then cut into speaker FR+FL depends if stereos got iso din plugs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISO-speaker-multiplug-kit-male-female-/151133712121?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2330456ef9

Steve

Wow that sounds a bit involved. I have fitted parrots to a volvo a daf and most recently a renault all have been so simple. Just a case of removing 2 plugs from the radio and swapping with parrot then putting the original radio plugs into the parrot wiring. I have also fitted one to my beloved ■■■■■■ that required a different wiring harness easily sourced off eBay.

Tarmac duck:
My new renault was fitted with a Bluetooth radio but was very poor. I bought a refurbished parrot m9200 of eBay it was a very simple DIY fix and it works brilliantly with my I phone. Voice dialing is excellent I can receive incoming calls by voice command as well. I can also stream music via Bluetooth from the phone. Altogether blumin marvellous for £100 !

Was your radio 24 volt?

truckertang:

Had it put in today, used your contact, nice job and fair price. :slight_smile:

Nice one… :smiley: