Fitting marker lights

Governor!:
Want to fit a few addittional lights to the front of the cab(DAFXF) just want to fit small Blue or Amber lights to front grill and possibly some under bumper. But not very good with electrics, how do i wire them all up so they come on with the sidelights, also how do you wire up the Red markers that you can fit on the edge of the rear cab spoiler!! sorry might seem a dumb question :unamused:

Maybe if you have to ask how to fit them you might be wiser asking the workshop to fit them for you. it must be embarrassing to have to ring your gaffer to tell him his 150 grand outfit has melted on the M32 :smiley:

maurice:
Blue lamps are perfectly legal as an addition, as are green. A non flashing blue marker light is not the same as a warning beacon. If you think a marker light and a warning beacon is the same then I seriously hope you never have to tow a large load.

And this is one reason I distance myself from trucking as much as possible. It’s full of stupid people incapable of understanding the plainly written words put in front of them.

chaversdad:
i knew one of the anti blue light brigade would bring this thread to life :smiley:

btw conor mines just been for test with 2 kelsa bars with blue leds fitted and no problems at all

The MOT test does not cover everything under the Construction and Use regulations. The MOT test checks a very specific list of items to do with safety and environmental impact. You can be prosecuted for something which is illegal under the construction and use regulations but is not tested in the MOT.

For example, your lorry would pass an MOT with a speedo that underrreads or overreads more than 2.5% but you can be prosecuted for running a vehicle with one under the construction and use regulations as it is illegal for any speedo in the UK to underread and illegal for a lorry/coach one to overread more than 2.5%.

Conor:
this is one reason I distance myself from trucking as much as possible.

Er, so why are you posting on a trucking website? :unamused: :open_mouth:

Your post:

Conor:
Statutory Instrument 1989 No. 1796
The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989
PART II

REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE FITTING OF LAMPS, REFLECTORS, REAR MARKINGS AND DEVICES

was very helpful, though, so thanks for posting it! :smiley:

Conor:

maurice:
Blue lamps are perfectly legal as an addition, as are green. A non flashing blue marker light is not the same as a warning beacon. If you think a marker light and a warning beacon is the same then I seriously hope you never have to tow a large load.

And this is one reason I distance myself from trucking as much as possible. It’s full of stupid people incapable of understanding the plainly written words put in front of them.

Yeah real intelligent. Your post clearly states beacons are illegal, no arguements. There is absolutely no mention that marker lights are illegal. Instead of lowering yourself to insults, please specifically PROVE what you said is true. If you can’t back your statement up, then at least be man enough to admit your wrong.

maurice:
Yeah real intelligent. Your post clearly states beacons are illegal, no arguements.

Only if you’re a ■■■■■■ and fail to be able to spot the numerous times I mention beacons including what colour beacons are used by whom.

There is absolutely no mention that marker lights are illegal. Instead of lowering yourself to insults, please specifically PROVE what you said is true. If you can’t back your statement up, then at least be man enough to admit your wrong.

I already have but as you’re obviously the village idiot and too thick to understand plain English, then there’s no point in continuing because you’ll never get it. I have a mental picture of you as the type of person who gets electrocuted by an electric fence then touches it again to see if it’s still on.

Conor:

maurice:
Yeah real intelligent. Your post clearly states beacons are illegal, no arguements.

Only if you’re a ■■■■■■ and fail to be able to spot the numerous times I mention beacons including what colour beacons are used by whom.

There is absolutely no mention that marker lights are illegal. Instead of lowering yourself to insults, please specifically PROVE what you said is true. If you can’t back your statement up, then at least be man enough to admit your wrong.

I already have but as you’re obviously the village idiot and too thick to understand plain English, then there’s no point in continuing because you’ll never get it. I have a mental picture of you as the type of person who gets electrocuted by an electric fence then touches it again to see if it’s still on.

Sorry, when I said ’ Your post clearly states beacons are illegal, no arguements.’ I meant that you are correct, I was not disagreeing with that. Beacons are illegal, I 100% agree with that.

But a beacon by law has to flash/rotate between 60 and 240 times per minute. If it doesnt then it is not legally classed as a beacon. I have read the entire lighting laws several times and can’t find any more about blue lights are illegal. The only mention is beacons.

I don’t see why you feel justified to resort to personal attacks (which I thought was against forum rules). If you don’t agree with me, fair enough. All I’m saying is if blue marker lights are illegal, please show me where it states this.

i was stopped by the nice little men from vosa a month ago, every little thing was scrutinised but absolutely nothing was said about the six green led marker lights i have in my front grill.

fit what colour you like on the front apart from red! and your outside marker lights have to show white at each end/side of you cab for grilles roof bars etc can be yellow,green,blue, it is as simple as that, most vostapos etc will turn a blind eye to your blue bulbs fitted to your side lights but for test you may poss get a fail,