Fitting lcd tv in your truck

hi all,
ive got a 15’’ lcd tv/dvd and have been thinking of mounting it on the wall of my xf. now im not clued up at all about such improvements (ask the wife!), so was wondering if anyone can give me advice on the best way of doing this without it falling off when i go over the first bump i encounter! thanks in advance…pete

good old 4inch nails cant beat 'em :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Noooo… OLT is wrong!!! You MUST use 4 miles of duct tape!!!

What stupid ideas!

Nail it in, then duct tape over the nails - solid as houses!

Alternatively I’d buy a proper bracket off the net (about £20) and use the screws that came with it, after getting the bosses approval of course!

Alex

OLT:
good old 4inch nails cant beat 'em :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

superglue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nail it in, then duct tape over the nails - solid as houses!

The duct tape would have to be on the outside to cover the nails where you have bent them over,i would bend the top ones up and the bottem down , not forgetting to cover all sharp edges dont wont health and safety saying it aint safe do we…

how a bout a tube or two of silicon or no nails mate

i would humbly suggest a couple of bungee ropes with the hooks on each end. then when you change wagons you can take em with you and as a bonus they will act like shock absorbers when going off road :smiley: :wink:
seriously a mate i used to work with has fitted one on the passenger side roof lining and does not seem to have any problems with it. its on a car transporter with a daf cf low roof cab. by the look of it he has used a standard fitting thats allows it to flip down. it lies flat with roof when not in use an just pulls it down when he wants to watch tv.

Ive always wanted to mount a decent flatscreen TV over the passenger door of a high roofed truck. that way Id be able to watch it either sat in the drivers seat while at drops, or while layed on the bunk at night.
Im not sure how flat screens would tollerate being jolted around while rigidly stuck to the wall of the cab. hopefully you can get a genuine wall mount bracket and screw that to the lining, or as stated "no nails" it really depends on the TMs attitude to marking the cab with holes etc

thats what i was thinking of doing mate not too sure if the interior lining on the truck is strong enough to hold a tv though especially with vibrations and potholes etc…

A proper bracket is ideal, and i would use chrome bolts instead of screws.

Well I just purchased a bracket from www.ergomount.co.uk for £9.99, the P & P costs more!.

But the guy I spoke to was very helpful, when I explained the bracket was for my truck he assured me this is the best one for this job.

ALTHOUGH I do have a scanny with a re-enforced wall on driver side, little cubby hole behind and its got additional support now too.

Good Luck

Like this?

It really depends on how much mess you can make? Mine is mounted by 4 bolts into the captive nuts in the back of the tv thru 4 holes in my side locker and thru a steel plate the other side of the locker door. Also had it mounted on the side wall of my version 1 FH. Having a replacement panel is the way forward.

thanks all for the replies, mr vain that looks the business, and i reckon replacement panel might be the way ahead…pete

Blimey your boss wont be chuffed when he sees the repair bill for that bodge it effort! Mr Vain, you should have done it properly honestly man! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must admit it does look good tho :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Not sure about the ■■■■■ house curtains tho! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Just kidding mate :wink:

get yourself down to comet & purchase a wall bracket for £19.99 & use the screws supplied with it & screw it on panel behind drivers seat thats what i did in my last xf & we did a lot of quarry work & going on farms & it never moved but if it did happen to fall off it only lands on bunk.

Clarky:
Blimey your boss wont be chuffed when he sees the repair bill for that bodge it effort! Mr Vain, you should have done it properly honestly man! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must admit it does look good tho :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Not sure about the ■■■■■ house curtains tho! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Just kidding mate :wink:

Don’t mention my boss Clarky! He’s an arse! A real slave driver.

(GOOD TO SEE YOU AT POD CLARKY!) :unamused:

LOL Rob, sorry but some of us had to work! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

U saw some of the other lads I gather LOL. :laughing: :laughing:

Unfortunately my truck is not even 1% worthy of going near a show, but you never know, my boss may bite the bullet before next May, and get me into a new motor. :wink:

A bit more ■■■ licking required me thinks? :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: