Fitting front mud flaps

Hi there,

Anyone know how to fit front mud flaps rubber ones to the front of the underside of a scania?

Cheers

Is that to warn on coming traffic it’s a Scania :laughing:

Hang on I’ll ask some of the sad ■■■■■ at my place how they did it and get back to you.

mrhankey:
Hi there,

Anyone know how to fit front mud flaps rubber ones to the front of the underside of a scania?

Cheers

Go on truckers pride on fb someone will help you i doubt you get a sensible answer on here

Got a set of Volvo ones fitted to my low bar, :smiley:

In my younger years, I had some fitted to a Volvo Fh. Iirc there was some sort of angle iron (although it was aluminium)bolted to the underside of the bumper and then the flaps were bolted to that. It was an early FH though

Why would you want to fit them in the first place ■■

raymundo:

Maybe same reason that we had screen flags, trims, Michelin men on our mirrors and the like in the 80s, …New, naive and keen :sunglasses: …( and before the days when it eventually dawns, and you suddenlly realise it’s a waste of time and money as the job aint worth a ■■■■. :laughing:)

raymundo:

It’s a form of personalization, some people like to take pride in what they drive, yes there are some hideous driven thro cdc catalogue and Halfords windows, and there are some that look nice,… personal choice.

biggriffin:

raymundo:

It’s a form of personalization, some people like to take pride in what they drive, yes there are some hideous driven thro cdc catalogue and Halfords windows, and there are some that look nice,… personal choice.

Sorry are you suggesting because I don’t spend my own £££ to ‘personalise’ something that isn’t mine (ie isn’t mine personally) that it’s therefore probable that I take less pride in my work?

My unit is clean, tidy, well presented inside and outside and everything works because I keep it like that.

It’s possible to not ‘personalise’ a truck and still take pride in the job.

raymundo:

It’s so you can stand out as much as possible for DVSA…

I once dated a woman who had a magnificent pair of front mud flaps …well I think that’s what she called them

peirre:
I once dated a woman who had a magnificent pair of front mud flaps …well I think that’s what she called them

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: lol…beef curtains… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toonsy:

biggriffin:

raymundo:

Sorry are you suggesting because I don’t spend my own £££ to ‘personalise’ something that isn’t mine (ie isn’t mine personally) that it’s therefore probable that I take less pride in my work?

My unit is clean, tidy, well presented inside and outside and everything works because I keep it like that.

It’s possible to not ‘personalise’ a truck and still take pride in the job.

Steady on tiger…
I said personalization, which is a broad spectrum, some like it as it is, some like to add bits and pieces. It’s a personal thing…