Fitting airhorns to a Volvo FH12

I’m looking at fitting some airhorns to a Volvo FH12,

What make would/have you gone for?

Are they simple to fit? Where would you tap into the airline?

Thanks

why do you wan,t to fit air horns. do you want,to pass people and blow your horns to tell people i,ve got a big truck so watch out. or do you want blow your horns to tell people look at me i,m a trucker. i,ve been driving for29 yrs and nerver had air horns. or do you want to show off to your mates… the law say,s you need a horn to make people aware of your precence. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you want to that’s your choice! I’m in the opinion that Hadley do some deep toned horns, search for them on you tube, but I suppose the tone is up to you.
I got mine put on as the plastic iveco ones kept snapping on trees when I was out in the country, so put some metal ones on. Also when I have to go in city link at night you have to beep every movement in and out of the warehouse so the louder the better! Lol!

Oh and they should be simple enough, they normally have instructions with them, but you’ll need a relay and an air feed to the pump iirc…

Thanks Beetie, i’ll take a look at the hadley range then.

I need something to give my truck more presence as our yard is accessed by a narrow lane with numerous blind bends.

They’ll definatly hear you! Hadley aren’t the only ones, marco do some too, like I say you tube them see what you find!

faz82:

I need something to give my truck more presence as our yard is accessed by a narrow lane with numerous blind bends.

have you tried driving at a slow speed so you can anticipate someone traveling in the opposite direction. or do you want to make a noise to say look at me.

browncow2:

faz82:

have you tried driving at a slow speed so you can anticipate someone traveling in the opposite direction. or do you want to make a noise to say look at me.

If he wants them that’s his prerogative! Theyre there to make a noise! If they’re loud so what! At least they’ll hear him! Better safe than sorry ! Lol!3

Btw I’m not having a go at you browncow2! I just take the opinion that if someone wants to do something like that why not it’s his lorry to do it to! If you don’t want to that’s fine too! :smiley:

browncow2:

faz82:

Cor blimey, chill out, it’s a set of air horns FFS, as far as I’m aware they’ve never killed anyone :open_mouth:

So what if you didn’t have a big air horn for 29yrs, who cares :unamused: who cares if somebody else wants them, nobody’s business but the bloke whose lorry it is and whoever’s paying for them, if you ever meet the bloke on the road you won’t even know he’s got them if you don’t drive like a knob, I’m assuming you won’t be able to see them on the roof as your head will be too far up your arse :laughing:

Can’t you just feel the Testosterone in this Thread. :confused:
Not aimed at you Faz, Beetie or Newmercman. :wink:
I wonder why I bother reading sometimes.

Rollo Tomasi:
I wonder why I bother reading sometimes.

It’s an addiction :laughing:

I just disconnected the standard air horn and piped it from there.

I’m going to check some out over the weekend, piping from the original sounds the best option if I can do it

Thanks

Air Horns? Ive just fitted some Kleinn Train Horns [3 trumpets] to my Citroen Saxo. Loudest horns Ive ever heard. It nearly shakes my little car to bits.[Ex A one driver]