Fitting air horns

Just a quick question, how easy is it to fit air horns ? “my” truck has a piddly little perp perp horn but i want to fit air horns, I found some on ebay quite cheap and was just wandering if they are easy to fit. Any info much apreciated. Thank you

how deep is a hole?

edit in all seriousnessessss find horn, remove 2 cables from it, proberly bridge clips, attach to airhorn, press horn if no sound swap the wires over find away to attach air horn to motor

depends where you want to fit them …if at back of cab ,under the bumper not do difficult…But to fit on the roof is a bit more involved

I want the trumpets on show on the roof, so what would i need for them to work ? I have seen some kits which have a compressor, some dont. Do i need a compressorwor can i just buy the the trumpet ?
Sorry if it sounds a stupid question

Who are you going to blow them at ?

Unless its to tell the misses to hurry up and stop faffing about in the house or chatting to her mates - then blowing your horn seldom does any good. Actually come to think of it even barping at the missus to hurry her along doesn’t end well either.

theflyingdustman:
“my” truck has a piddly little perp perp horn but i want to fit air horns

Good call.
When someone cuts you up and you blast the horn, you want something that screams “Im gonna get out this cab and rip your ■■■■■■■ head off” not the usual custom fit job that squeaks “Im gonna tell my mum”

The-Snowman:

theflyingdustman:

Good call.
When someone cuts you up and you blast the horn, you want something that screams “Im gonna get out this cab and rip your [zb] head off” not the usual custom fit job that squeaks “Im gonna tell my mum”

Then he can escalate the situation with a brake check, which obviously leads to you getting past and swerving in front, and before you know it you will be rolling about on the carriageway Kicking and a’ gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

For a professional it’s a fairly straightforward job that just boils down to the amount of labour involved stripping out the interior to get the electric and air feed up to the horns on the roof and fixing the horns on. Probably a little bit beyond the average diyer unless they’ve done work on a air systems or car interiors before maybe.

The built in electric compressor ones are a bit pants but you can probably just easily wire it into the existing assuming the wiring is up to it.

Check that your firm are ok with you doing stuff to your motor. Not being petty or anything, but we used to have a gadget freak at our place, and when he ran out of sockets, he decided to start hardwiring stuff in. Got his dashcam wrong and fried his ECU.

Instant dismissal. Do not pass go etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluey Circles:

The-Snowman:

theflyingdustman:

Good call.
When someone cuts you up and you blast the horn, you want something that screams “Im gonna get out this cab and rip your [zb] head off” not the usual custom fit job that squeaks “Im gonna tell my mum”

Then he can escalate the situation with a brake check, which obviously leads to you getting past and swerving in front, and before you know it you will be rolling about on the carriageway Kicking and a’ gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Aah but he wont. The initial blast of the horn will immediely render him totally submissive with fear and may even cause him to soil himself,therefor no escalation will occur

I used to have Hadley air horns on the Fodens I drove. They were great fun for tooting up fanny, getting the air horn gesture from kids and best of all (combined with a three stage Jake brake) upsetting tourists in Burford. :smiling_imp:
I wonder why when I had my Alpha new, they never fitted air horns to that one? :laughing:
To the OP why do you want to fit air horns on a dustcart? What’s wrong with a tip trophy?

Step away from the air horns … it’s only a short bling step away from the light bars, frilly curtains, neon signs and more

The-Snowman:

theflyingdustman:

Good call.

:laughing:

Spot on Snowy.
I don’t even bother with the horn (oeeeer missus) when driving Mercs,embarrassing.

Merc Axor… pants.

The-Snowman:

theflyingdustman:

Good call.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you’re wanting the trumpets on top of the for “bling”, this won’t help, but if you just want a loud horn, have a look at Stebel Nautilus horns, they’re on ebay and other sites, with some cheaper copies. They’re like a set of traditional sports car air horns condensed into a little unit that’ll fit in place of or near to the original horn and use the original wiring, but incredibly loud for the size of them.
Bernard

Thank you for your replies guys, much appreciated

Get some Intercity 125 train air horns, they are the dogs testicles and will budge Madge and Arthur out of the way , on their annual motorway drive to the garden center , to buy a potted plant for Aunt Maggie , who lives 70 miles away, in their Nissan Micra , with a Trilby hat on the back shelf and a bag of toffees on the dash .

toby1234abc:
Get some Intercity 125 train air horns, they are the dogs testicles and will budge Madge and Arthur out of the way , on their annual motorway drive to the garden center , to buy a potted plant for Aunt Maggie , who lives 70 miles away, in their Nissan Micra , with a Trilby hat on the back shelf and a bag of toffees on the dash .

yup and USA train horns as well,my O/O drinking buddy fitted a set behind the cab and a airtank as well :open_mouth: FFS what a noise ,it hurt when you were standing close and he blew the ■■■■ thing!

Cruise ship horns, now we are talking, blast them off in Manchester and they could hear you in Birmingham .