Fitting a cb in a hino

Has any fitted a cb into a hino fitted mine but aint getting out well at all tried various different postions with my stinger aeiral but no luck. I run it of a 24/12 v reducer could that be the problem

try putting a seperate earth wire from your aeriel to a metal body part see if that improves it, if your dropper was working itself you would be geting a buzz or a whining of your cb, (when your keying the mike try touching the screw on connection where the aeriel goes in to the back of the cb if its better you definately need better earthing) hope this is a help to you

Fitting a CB in a Hino, isnt that doubling the value of it?!!! LOL

Have you used an swr meter?
Are you using a magmount?
Gutter mounts are best in my opinion.
make sure your dropper is well away from your cb as they can interfere.
Also don’t use a dropper with a fan in it they interfere wherever you put it.

I might be asking the obvious, is the cab metal?
As Limeyphil said, are you using a SWR Bridge?

The one to ask is mixerdriver01 (formally tipperdriver01) as he had a brand new hino tipper till he got shafted by Hansons. I remember from the pics he had a cb in it (tipper…of course he would have one) He would know

By the way, where is he…Ithought he would have replied to this thread already :confused: :confused:

I run 2 new Hino tippers, I’ve fitted them with the DV type aerial base through the centre of the cab roof, with a stinger aerial. 24v dropper fitted behind the radio panel. They work well going out,but don’t pull in that good. The drivers have to turn up the squelch right up to get rid of interference noise. I’ve tried earthing the aerial base with extra earth cable, extended the coax cable, but still no luck!

thanks for your replys got talking to 2 other hino drivers theirs are working fine but they said they both have 24v cbs when they had 12v the dropers were causing all the problems that am experiencing.