Fitters ??

I was driving a Bin wagon today and it came to a grinding halt,blocking the street I was in.The fitter turns up and tells me he’ll tow me a couple of yards to clear the street,but he’s got to go back to the yard for a chain.He comes back 20 minutes later and manages to drag me a few yards clear,burning up the clutch in his transit in the process.Then he gets out his tool kit which consists of one adjustable spanner.After a while he decides he needs a different spanner and goes back to the yard to get one.Next thing you know,another Bin wagon turns up and I transfer to that and I’m away.I just thought the whole thing was hilarious,one fitter and an adjustable spanner.I’ve never worked for a Council before so was this a cost saving exercise or just incompetence ?

Deathstar:
I’ve never worked for a Council before so was this a cost saving exercise

No, as it was Council, it would have been a “Time wasting exercise”, especially with it being a Friday :wink:

redboxer850:

Deathstar:
I’ve never worked for a Council before so was this a cost saving exercise

No, as it was Council, it would have been a “Time wasting exercise”, especially with it being a Friday :wink:

+1

You have fitters then you have mechanics sadly the latter is in decline. The mob we use for our wagons well the chief mechanic has just walked out, now its just a bunch of boys that can just about manage a bulb :unamused:

Found out today he left , not impressed at all. He will stroll into another job no bother - he was a good guy for keeping our units in top condition.

merc0447:
You have fitters then you have mechanics sadly the latter is in decline. The mob we use for our wagons well the chief mechanic has just walked out, now its just a bunch of boys that can just about manage a bulb :unamused:

Found out today he left , not impressed at all. He will stroll into another job no bother - he was a good guy for keeping our units in top condition.

Top post.
Remember the days when mechanics could actually diagnose a problem without a laptop :open_mouth: and then repair it instead of "fitting"a new part(without the aid of latex gloves) :laughing:

We had a great one, destined to be known for the rest of his life as “semi” as in semi skilled bill.

Ex Haulier:
We had a great one, destined to be known for the rest of his life as “semi” as in semi skilled bill.

" semi" . . . . . Simon le bon . . Half cocked :confused:

Suedehead:

merc0447:

Top post.
Remember the days when mechanics could actually diagnose a problem without a laptop :open_mouth: and then repair it instead of "fitting"a new part(without the aid of latex gloves) :laughing:

That would be the “good old days”, before engines were fitted with ECU’s, and umpteen “sensors”, and before they realised that used oils were carcinogenic :unamused: