Fitness to drive question

I’m currently sitting in A and E @1am as I’ve got something in my left eye and I doubt I’ll be out much before 3am and I’ve been up since 7:30.am
I’m supposed to start at 7am Monday
Should I just call in sick as there’s no way I will be fit to drive as I would not of had any sleep in last 24 hours

Phone in sick if it’s a genuine case it should be ok. You have my sympathy with your eye I was in casualty with scratches all over my eyeball after my dog pull her extendable lead across it :frowning: Didn’t have to phone in sick already been off 4 months argh.

Thanks just been seen by triage nurse and she had a look with her pen torch and yes there’s something there
So looks like a long wait to see doctor now

Ring in if you can .

Download a sick note from .gov site covers you for first 5/7 days and give it to boss when you go back .

Shame you cant ‘eye up’ the nurses tho

Best bit is when they put your face in a frame and pluck it out with the tweezers. :cry: :cry: :cry:

boredwivdrivin:
Ring in if you can .

Download a sick note from .gov site covers you for first 5/7 days and give it to boss when you go back .

Shame you cant ‘eye up’ the nurses tho

[emoji40]Filipino and on large side but receptionist is ok as is one of the paramedics that keeps going by

My Sympathies Blue, just ring in tell the boss your stuck up the hospital.
Many years ago, in was loaded for europe, so turned up at work, and had to reverse out of the yard, a car driver tried to avoid me and drive under the trailer, he was ok but bent the rear back bumper, so drove back into the yard and the fitter got the welding gear out, i went under the trailer with him to try and help, and a bit of rust went into my left eye…in the meantime…boss asked me to take a small rigid into central london to drop off one pallet…well i managed that but was rubbing my eye on the journey, i could almost see it, but left it for a bit…then i spotted moorfields…so parked up…went across the road and into reception…asked the nurse if she could get a tissue and just collect the rust piece from my eye…she refused and told me to wait for a doctor. Eventually i had to put my head in a frame contraption, and he started scraping at the eyeball to get the rust out, he had numbed it prior, then after he was finished, told me to take 3 weeks off work after asking what i did for a living…he bandaged it too, so i had only vision out of one eye ( the left one ) it was a nightmare driving back to the yard, turning my head to the right as far as it would go, just to look in the offside mirror…the bosses face was a picture when i told him i cannot work, cannot take the truck to europe, and i must have 2 weeks off…but my god, was that eye painful after the anaesthetic wore off…thanks to pain killers i survived the next few days…No H & S in those days.

Any driver doing a job or not who feels they are not alert enough to drive should never drive - too many incidents from those that ignore fatigue !

Any employer who complains needs to put it in writing as to their reasons why they are condoning a driver to drive unsafely

I’ve had no problems from work at all over this :smiley: as they understand better a fit alert driver than a sick knackered driver

blue estate:
Should I just call in sick as there’s no way I will be fit to drive…

:unamused:

Really? What next?

Dear Trucknet, I’ve just had a crap, should I wipe my arse?

Come on, sort yourself out man. You’re an adult ffs.

Why was this asked? What happened to judgement?

Contraflow:

blue estate:

Really? What next?

and your a right hand over worker :imp:

Contraflow:

blue estate:

Really? What next?

Ever thought about joining The Samaritans Monkey man :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

Contraflow:

blue estate:

Really? What next?

Glad to hear the other eye must be working if you can still read that :laughing: .

How’s the other one doing?

robroy:

Contraflow:

blue estate:

Really? What next?

Ever thought about joining The Samaritans Monkey man :laughing: :laughing:

If you’re ringing the Samaritans because you’re sitting in A and E with a wonky eye and are facing a 2 hour sleep and want to know if you’re fit to drive a commercial vehicle…you’re probably wasting their time. It’s a descision making course you need.

blue estate:

Contraflow:

blue estate:

Really? What next?

Take no notice bud, our resident monkey is harmless he just likes a laugh… but has a merciless tongue :smiley:

How’s the eye doing btw?

It’s just as well you kicked work into touch today.
If things had gone ■■■■ up, you had already compromised yourself on here and the ■■■■ could have hit the fan if digging started by the wrong people. :wink: :bulb:
You never know who tf reads all the cack on here. :bulb:

James the cat:
Why was this asked? What happened to judgement?

I had already made my mind up long before I posted this tread :wink: but at 2am sitting boared in a A&E department I thought i’d see who the arse licking heroes are :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:
but at 2am sitting boared in a A&E department I thought i’d see who the arse licking heroes are :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent, with the smoking monkeys work at the Samaritans & your book on winning friends and infulencing people, you just can’t fail! :smiley:

You have something in your eye Blue?

Not the brown one by any chance?