First week/ New Job / New driver

Well folks just done my first week in a bulk tipper following another truck, training but loaded. All gone well so I’m out on my own on Monday. First destination is Preston to Alloa, then from there to New ■■■■■■■■ from there to Avonmouth Dock but due to driving hours I’m thinking I will be in Barrow in Furness for the overnight stop unless you can work it out better! Just thinking of a place to stop any help welcome.

Barrow In Furness■■? I’m confused as to why you would park there for the night. You don’t go anywhere near it en route from New ■■■■■■■ to Avonmouth.

Why would you be anywhere near Barrow mate,you could probably make Carnforth,failing that Tebay

near enough back to longridge on a 10hr !

I didn’t actually mean Barrow in Furness, roughly because I am following M6. Just looking at a rough map of the M6. I understand it’s miles to the right. I wouldn’t go over there I didn’t word it correctly. So hopefully maybe back in Preston or Carnforth like you say. Thanks chaps as you know I am a newby.

Also plenty of key fuels but not to many for class c/e any of you chaps now any on the m6 just to save me research :wink:

M6 J42,Tebay,Carnforth,Crooklands

If you come down again,free parking around Third Way Avonmouth or pay for Avon Lodge truck stop.Clean showers.Good food and a bar.
If you see the road to Davies Turner and Renault truck garage,many stop there.
Security patrol all night.
If you walk in to Avonmouth Village,numerous take away outlets and a family pub with hot meals opposite the cop shop.
Over the train tracks,there is a contractors hotel that has happy hours,and can get a good crowd in there mid week.
Indian restaurant/take away opposite the hotel and a Chinese down the side street.
By the hotel there is parking for a few artics.
If Googlemap train station,you can see where it is.Some mention Portbury is decent to park up,but not sure where?

Barrow in Furness is a fair way from the M6, some nasty hills too if you’re fully loaded. On the M6 you have Tebay and Truck Haven and Lancaster services a bit further down. I did try and stop in that Truck Haven once but it looked as if you had to get a ticket to go in, I didnt bother and turned around.

Yer Truckhaven, you get a ticket as you go in and I think its 30mins free but to get out you have to take the ticket to reception (I didn’t know and had to reverse off the out barrier :imp: ) to have it activated to let you out.

Tarrman:
 I did try and stop in that Truck Haven once but it looked as if you had to get a ticket to go in, I didnt bother and turned around.

:question:
Don’t be put off by that fella. Most places I go to are ticketed-if you don’t try it , you’ll never know!

It does not matter if it is ticketed as you get a few hours free.Some places offer incentives to get reduced parking fees or free parking if you buy so many litres of fuel or stuff in the shop.

Tarrman:
Barrow in Furness is a fair way from the M6, some nasty hills too if you’re fully loaded. On the M6 you have Tebay and Truck Haven and Lancaster services a bit further down. I did try and stop in that Truck Haven once but it looked as if you had to get a ticket to go in, I didnt bother and turned around.

2 hours free Tarry.

So truckhaven is two hours free? , one for me to remember as up that way a fair bit :smiley:

sweeper1gg:
Also plenty of key fuels but not to many for class c/e any of you chaps now any on the m6 just to save me research :wink:

there are quite a few key fuel sites on the the m6 or just off it but if you have a smart/i phone there is a key fuels app its come in handy for me a few times