First Tug Of The Year

And it felt good as usual… Oh and for you dirty minded people I meant teh pull by VOSA :laughing:

Pulled in at Sandbach yesterday about 11.30am and started off this year as I left off last year, a legal operating driver.

Anyone else had the pull this good year?

Not at the beginning, but the very end of last year…

Come past RAF Cranwell on my way to Tossco at Sleaford, and got the warning from a fellow driver that Sleaford was open for business, and sure enough on the approach, one of VOSA’s finest was looking towards me WITH BINOCULARS, :open_mouth: and jumped out at the last minute to signify me to pull in.

So after nearly mowing him down, because of his crass stupidity in jumping out on me at the very last moment, and me nearly putting the unit on it’s nose due to my emergency stop, I pulled into the checking area.

“We’ll have you away in a few minutes drive, it’s only a lights and quick once over.”

Before I’d even given him a mouthful for his previous actions, I was on my way, ALL LEGAL!!! :smiley: Boy did it feel good, and it was my first pull in about 16 years. :smiley:

Ken.

last time i was past there it was open and i seen it was captain birdseye who was checing through the binos that day :laughing: :laughing:

Funnily enough, it may have well been the same man. Small fellow, short grey hair and beard, but actually quite pleasant considering I’d just nearly killed him 5 minutes earlier. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:
“We’ll have you away in a few minutes drive, it’s only a lights and quick once over.”

Thet weren’t pulling in cars aswell were they, if they came a bit further East they’d have a field day. Headlights out, rear lights out and Yesterday I saw a car no headlights or even parking lights working, and it’s not they hadn’t put them on, as the rear light were working.

Didnt you know car drivers were all perfect? :laughing:

Had one of mine stopped at Grantham Monday got the all clear,The nice lady said to my driver you do a lot of miles,thought that was the idear haulage and all that.

No, VOSA never stop me, as soon as they see it’s me they just wave me on. :wink:

I was having my 45 at Gordano on friday when I noticed the 2 vosa bods poking around my wagon when I was walking back from the bogs, seemingly they had given it the once over while I was away , nothing wrong with the wagon and a cheery chat while they were waiting for their next victim err I mean customer

not this year but last year i had to take a 7.5 tonner to london with 2 drops early start had to phone boss at 3am he was not happy the exhaust pipe had broken was told carry on did first drop in south london then went to 2nd drop north west london there i had a chap tie up the exhaust pipe comeing down the a40 i got pulled into the v.o.s.a checkpoint at denham had a tacho weight and mechanical check and had the all clear the v.o.s.a chap did not notice the blown exhaust pipe lucky day