First truck sat Nav help

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

sammym:
Does yours take live feeds of data from a mobile network to see where traffic is and route you around it? Which is totally spot on.

Does it have an app so you can set up the routes without bothing to touch the satnav? (Of limited use I know).

Does it give you live and up to date feedback on mobile speed cameras?

Does it update over wifi when you take it home rather than you having to plug it into your computer?

I’m not saying anyone needs this stuff. But you can’t say the cheap one is as good without knowing what the good ones do.

Ffs…Seriously? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve been watching a lot of the programmes on tv this month about the Apollo missions in the 60s and 70s.
I don’t think those guys did as much navigation prep to go to the [zb] moon than some of you guys do to go to Tesco rdc.s. :unamused:

Jeez H, :laughing: Am I in a different [zb] job to some of you lot. :laughing:

Rob, the fact that you park up at a place of your choosing, and go for a pint, rather than park in a “layby” on 14.58 hours for your 8.59 hour rest, should answer your question.

Btw, the Apollo computer had less capability than todays Mrs.Roy’s washing machine. :grimacing:

Good point ND, as I keep saying on here (if only just to wind up the minions who allow themselves to be ran ragged :blush: :smiley: )…I treat it as a job, not some kind of [zb] endurance test.

As for our washing machine, just like a [zb] truck sat nav, we don’t need a hi tech washing machine.
Here’s a pic of the wife using ours …which was her last Christmas present from me :sunglasses:

…I spoil her :sunglasses: her last one was a tub and a bar of soap. :smiley:

Did you take that pic with one of these

Thx for the replys and help and the discount sat nav link. I’ll check the suggestions out and take it frm their.

malcolmgbell:
Did you take that pic with one of these

Don’t be ridiculous :unamused:

I use this bog standard one… (that’s me under the blanket btw.)
Got a good deal at Halfords on the camera, it’s Chinese apparently.
Free updates on the flash with free box of matches, and the truckers version comes with it’s own blanket, …dual purpose for those extra cold nights out. :sunglasses: