First trip to spain

hello chaps,
just want a little information , im doing my first trip to spain , shipping out on sunday to st malo.
where would you recomend for parking south of boardeaux? tipping north west of leon ,anywhere to park ?
shipping back through santander on thurs, can i park on the dock over night , anything to do ?
all help would be appreciated . cheers chaps

I used to park at Castets its a large Routier on the left around 70kms south of Bordeaux you’ll do that in 9 hours from St-Malo its a typical French cafe huge tables & a bloody good spread.

Fly sheet

cheers fly sheet

weewill:
hello chaps,
just want a little information , im doing my first trip to spain , shipping out on sunday to st malo.
where would you recomend for parking south of boardeaux? tipping north west of leon ,anywhere to park ?
shipping back through santander on thurs, can i park on the dock over night , anything to do ?
all help would be appreciated . cheers chaps

i would agree about castets signposted off the N10 as centre routier and DAX, huge parking really good food for €12 including help youself draught wine :smiley: :smiley:
when you cross the border into spain after about 5km there is a peage then immediately after that a service area with total and AS24 for fuel, plenty of decent parking en route to leon breakfast is good in the repsol at tolosa or the AS24 at Alsasua.
you used to be able to park outside the dock gates at santander but since they’ve moved the entrance closer to the motorway parking is a little restricted but you could go and park next to the fishing port “puerto pesquero” and run back for the ferry in the morning, plenty of bars and restaurants in santander within walking distance of the docks

Anywhere south of Bordeaux gets full quickly after 17.00 hours.Junction 17,i think it is Liposthey,some Rouitiers are adopting pay for parking,to stop trailer box eaters taken the slots up,one in the forest road as a barrier,and the owners wait to see if you are buying a meal,no free parking.Free flow wine in all of France,5 courses is the “norm”.

if you are shipping st malo why stay in france castets not brill head into spain a 10 will defo get you n1 tolosa

sorry welcome back toby you not been about r you ok

Not too good mate,with a s…t firm,drivers have to pay their tolls,pay check bounces,dirty motors,not mine though!!Stressed and wound up mate.Chaos and bad management is daily occurence.

toby1234abc:
Not too good mate,with a s…t firm,drivers have to pay their tolls,pay check bounces,dirty motors,not mine though!!Stressed and wound up mate.Chaos and bad management is daily occurence.

not working for that lot with the scrap magnums are you toby?
don’t like to mention names but UK-SPAIN-UK on the front :wink: :wink:

welshboyinspain:

toby1234abc:

Now that is quite an insight in to dodgy euro work

pmsl

Gunner Til I Die:

welshboyinspain:

toby1234abc:

pmsl

now there’s a name that i didn’t want to put on here :laughing: :laughing: ask hombre how bad they are, he had to get another job because he was broken down more than moving :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

Gunner Til I Die:

welshboyinspain:

toby1234abc:

pmsl

now there’s a name that i didn’t want to put on here :laughing: :laughing: ask hombre how bad they are, he had to get another job because he was broken down more than moving :laughing: :laughing:

pmsl, i know, thought about them once but summat did’nt smell quite right when i delved further, i think it wuz the regular Gib that attracted me but NOOOOOOOOOO

also guys can i use my euro shell card for tolls in spain ?

weewill:

it will work in most of Spain, but not some area’s.
NW Spain being one area where it won’t work

Gunner Til I Die:

welshboyinspain:

toby1234abc:

pmsl

yes not the quickest of payers are they :unamused:

weewill:

the only peage you’ll encounter is the first one after the border which is about €5 so if you´re card doesn´t work it´s not too bad on your pocket

Thanks for the info chaps . Having a pint at Portsmouth sulking at four to a cabin ! Thanks again . Adios