First trip to Holland

Hi all. got my first trip to holland on Monday and just looking for a couple of tips. Can I get my vignette at Harwich? Going out on the Harwich to Hoek Van Holland boat. First time i will have been on it since i was 15 and used to go with the old man so quite strange to be going back there! Also a little sad as he is no longer with us. Also im going to be there all week anybody know of some good places to park up?

according to this LINK

change the site into english,then click on service
euro-vingette will show go on this,and look through
according to the site,you can buy it in Harwich,
lok through the stickies posted in this forum,
also you can search the forum by useing the
search buttons for more usefull tips,

brit pete:
according to this LINK

change the site into english,then click on service
euro-vingette will show go on this,and look through
according to the site,you can buy it in Harwich,
lok through the stickies posted in this forum,
also you can search the forum by useing the
search buttons for more usefull tips,

You just beat me to it Pete :smiley: .

Also, heading from The Hook towards Rotterdam, you will see a Shell on your right, down below the road and among trees. You can get the vignette there, several people on the boat will probably be going there to fill up on slightly cheaper diesel (in comparison to UK prices) and get their vignette too.
You can get a vignette for as many days as you need it, so find out first. It’ll save you a lot of running around, trying to find a sales point.

For places to stop, there are plenty of truckstops, all over the place.
If you give us an idea where you’ll be going, roughly, we might be able to give you some more detailed info.
Almost anywhere with trucks parked up will be a decent place to stop though.

takeing in mind how long you will be in europe
you may find it is cheaper to buy a weeks
ticket (5-days) than for 3–4, SIMON can
give you perhaps a better annswer
IT is better to pay for 1day more than to
be caught with out VALID VINGETTE
as it cost around €250 i belive
when you get caught without it,

if a disaster does happen in holland and you run out of vignette i would prob say 75% of MSA sell it (unless im very lucky) and all shell ones as far as im aware

Ste164580:
if a disaster does happen in holland and you run out of vignette i would prob say 75% of MSA sell it (unless im very lucky) and all shell ones as far as im aware

I won’t disagree about your 75% of MSAs, because I don’t know. It seems rather optimist to me though.
However I can tell you for definite that NOT ALL Shell service stations sell the vignette.
I use several particular routes into and out of Holland, depending on where I’m heading for / coming from. So I know where I can get it on those routes. I also know many places where I can’t. There are several others where I don’t know if I can or not. I’ve been caught out a few times so I tend to play safe now.
On all the routes I’ve used, the first Shell you come to, after entering Holland, sells it. After that, you might be lucky, you might not.

i often wonder why they make it so difficult to get it.i got off the boat one morning in calais and forgot about it.
i know it was my own fault but its hard to park at the 2 outlets in calais on the weekend with all the easterners.
i often wonder do they pay council tax to the calais council.
i went to adenkerk and couldnt get it.
tried all the services up to jabeek.i had to go to zeebrugge to get it in the total.

greg50:
i often wonder why they make it so difficult to get it.i got off the boat one morning in calais and forgot about it.
i know it was my own fault but its hard to park at the 2 outlets in calais on the weekend with all the easterners.
i often wonder do they pay council tax to the calais council.
i went to adenkerk and couldnt get it.
tried all the services up to jabeek.i had to go to zeebrugge to get it in the total.

You cannot get a Vignette very easily in Belgium, however Holland and France are a lot easier. Even Germany who dont use it anymore, it is far easier than Belgium. Dont forget Belgium make up their own road signs to suit and expect foreign drivers to know the laws

This is a list from the web (not responsible for any mistakes)

HOLLAND

AND TRY THIS AS WELL :HERE

THIS Pdf file will show you where to get the vingette

you can get it at oostend at ferryways . may be better than going in to zeebee if you dont now where that is a 10 then at the end keep to the wright rounderbout then under the bridge take the wright follow it round turn wright and its in front of you . not a prob .

You cannot get a Vignette very easily in Belgium, however Holland and France are a lot easier. Even Germany who dont use it anymore, it is far easier than Belgium. Dont forget Belgium make up their own road signs to suit and expect foreign drivers to know the laws
[/quote]

funny you mention belgium with regard laws.
i was laughing to my one night drive from jabeek heading towards the brussel ring.
this was before christmas.i did about 3 months on the continent after alapse of 7 years.

i was smoking while driving.also had the cruise control on.i was also wearing backless shoes as i always have done for years.
i had been told this was all illegal in belg.i was sure or too interested.
i suppose i will never get to heaven.
its amazing why the make these silly laws.
when driving in france and germany not a problem doing theses things

greg50:

You will get nicked in France for wearing clogs or open shoes with no back or strap. Then you will be sent to buy some before you can drive again.

In germany wearing footwear with no back–straps
when driveing costs €40.

Who nicks you for the clogs :question: The fashion police :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

What is it with the Belgian old bill :question: In the 80s/90s I used to run through there on my way to Austria or Scandinavia & until I saw one parked at Zeebee I didn’t even know what cars they used, never used to see them anywhere, now all of a sudden the ■■■■■■■■ are everywhere :unamused:

Don’t see them pulling our skint friends from the east much though :unamused:

For a country that can’t even make its mind up which language to speak they have a lot to answer for :exclamation:

Nice beer though :laughing:

newmercman:

They were pulling them into the maintenance depot just past Jabbeke this week, and leaving the brits alone.

newmercman:
For a country that can’t even make its mind up which language to speak they have a lot to answer for :exclamation:

Don’t forget the chips with fritesaus. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

newmercman:
Who nicks you for the clogs :question: The fashion police :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

What is it with the Belgian old bill :question: In the 80s/90s I used to run through there on my way to Austria or Scandinavia & until I saw one parked at Zeebee I didn’t even know what cars they used, never used to see them anywhere, now all of a sudden the [zb] are everywhere :unamused:

I used to think the same, I once saw an appeal for money for a driver and wondered how he had been killed in a country that was only 3 hours across it,

It was also a free for all as you left the boat, new disc and head to Aachen to tell fibs about the red diesel :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

newmercman:

What is it with the Belgian old bill :question: In the 80s/90s I used to run through there on my way to Austria or Scandinavia & until I saw one parked at Zeebee I didn’t even know what cars they used, never used to see them anywhere, now all of a sudden the [zb] are everywhere :unamused:

I used to think the same, I once saw an appeal for money for a driver and wondered how he had been killed in a country that was only 3 hours across it,

It was also a free for all as you left the boat, new disc and head to Aachen to tell fibs about the red diesel :smiley:

Not the old ‘turned at Zeebee’ routine :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Red diesel :question: are there different colours then :question: Never used to sell them when I was going over the water :laughing: Dagenham Red was all I knew :laughing: :laughing:

thats the first i ever heard of them doing you in france or germany for wearing this type of shoe.
i have worn these since i was kid before i ever drove a truck.
its all i have except fot the steel tip boots.
i hate them,the weight of them and the heat in the summer.

whats wrong with wearing this type of footware if it comfortable fro the individual.
why is it illegal?
i mean the flat clogs[clak type] not the high heeled furry boots?

greg50:
thats the first i ever heard of them doing you in france or germany for wearing this type of shoe.
i have worn these since i was kid before i ever drove a truck.
its all i have except fot the steel tip boots.
i hate them,the weight of them and the heat in the summer.

Im not saying that you cant wear them, its the Polizei, Politie and Gendarmerie that say that. Just be aware that is one of the things they are looking for when they pull you at a peage or into a control