First trip abroad just a thank you to all who gave advice

Just got back from Two week trip to Romania taking in Holland Belgium,Germany,Cheq Republic,Slovakia,Hungary,Romania I asked for advice in an earlier post and got some great replys that helped me.

Once again this site came up trumps for me.i thorougley enjoyed the experience and can’t wait to go again but nothing lined up at the moment.

I feel a bit guilty because I have been home two days but feel rather restless does anyone else feel like this.

I am working for agency next week on nights UK stuff and not looking foward to it.

Anyway thanksd agaian to all who contributed to my request special thanks to Harry ,you were bang on about the manhole covers and tree branches mate.

Cheers

good for you im glad you enjoyed it. did you take any pictures.

thecoder0:
Just got back from Two week trip to Romania taking in Holland Belgium,Germany,Cheq Republic,Slovakia,Hungary,Romania I asked for advice in an earlier post and got some great replys that helped me.

Once again this site came up trumps for me.i thorougley enjoyed the experience and can’t wait to go again but nothing lined up at the moment.

I feel a bit guilty because I have been home two days but feel rather restless does anyone else feel like this.

I am working for agency next week on nights UK stuff and not looking foward to it.

Anyway thanksd agaian to all who contributed to my request special thanks to Harry ,you were bang on about the manhole covers and tree branches mate.

Cheers

Hello thecoder0, hope you got back safe and sound, may see you on the next convoy,

Roly

http://www.chaad.co.uk

Did you take any photos?

I think there are some photo’s coming along, need to get film developped I don’t know if thecoder0 took his camera.

I will post a diary soon

Yes…Codie they put in new branches in the spring. They have the new health & safety leaves on them… The other thing is that down these manhole covers in Bucharest are the night shelters for all the urchins that the Romanians have abandoned… Glad you had a good trip. You are right about wanting to get back on the road. I used to be away for 6 months at a time just tramping around Europe. I always kept my house in UK. but preferred working in Europe. I feel sure that you will get that international job you are looking for. Get it while the good weather lasts. Then by the winter you will know all the truck stops & no-go areas…Best of luck.

Diary and photgraphs to follow courtesy of my co-driver for part of the journey Mr Fibble who took many pics and is far better with the english language than I.

So I guess it is a work in progress. coming soon

Big hello to Rolly and your good lady. Not sure about September mate will let you know.

thecoder0:
Diary and photgraphs to follow courtesy of my co-driver for part of the journey Mr Fibble who took many pics and is far better with the english language than I.

'tis true (about the photos, not about me being better with the English language) - I took just under 400 photos :open_mouth: , and I’m in the middle of sorting out the bad ones from the utterly terrible ones. It took me a week to do the first leg of the journey, and I’ve got even more to do for the second part…

thecoder0:
So I guess it is a work in progress. coming soon

Sure is. Hopefully Rikki won’t mind me saying that it’s “coming to a page of ‘The Insider’ near you” very soon (as long as he decides it’s good enough). I’ll post something in the PDF when it’s up.

In the meantime, I’ve got yet more photos to sort through…

MrFlibble Are they Digi or film…?

harry:
MrFlibble Are they Digi or film…?

Digital, of course.

Then try this free program to sort them out : picasa.google.com/

harry:
Then try this free program to sort them out : picasa.google.com/

No need, I’m already using the GIMP and it does the job perfectly well. The time is taken with me deciding which ones to use, and whether to scale/crop/whatever them.

Anyway, the job’s done now.

You guys asked for photos? Well, there’s over a hundred. You’d better hope that your internet connection can cope… :wink:

Oh, and please give the Insider editorial team a bit of time to put it up. I’m sure they’re very busy. Thanks.