First time to Germany no2

hi guys im after some info please.
ive read first time to germany and euro country topics.

Its my first time to germany im taking the hull-Europort ferry on the 28th i have two drops in germany. one at the top of germany just outside keil kronshagen i think and the second is down by the chec border bad klosterlausntz . and a backload out of Frankfurt which would be the easiest route to take out of the europort.
I know you need a vignette for nederlands and france can i pay via cash. and also the maut systems for germany do they have manned toll collect machines at the german border??
oh sorry forgot to say i will be taking a 26t rigid 13ft 6-4.2m high would i be ok going through the countrys being this high.
also could i get it done and back to blighty in a week? sorry for all the questions just want to make sure ive got all bases covered

chris

4.2m is technically a no no. Height limit is 4m and some motorway bridges are 4m :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

As said above…4m limit in Germany & alot of the motorway bridges are at 4m…especially towards Munich…:frowning:

cheers guys have let me boss know so will see what the outcome is

billybigrig:
4.2m is technically a no no. Height limit is 4m and some motorway bridges are 4m :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

4.2m in Holland is definitely a problem.

Vignette is €8 per day and required in Belgium Holland Denmark and Sweden
Maut is km/time based and is worked out by white wizards and magicians.

Accepted means of payment

• Fuel and fleet cards.
    DKV, DVB Logpay Gruppe/Redfuel, ENI/Agip, Esso, euroShell, eurotoll sas, Eurowag, Multi Service Tolls, OMV, Ressa, Statoil, TSI Global Star, UTA

• Credit cards.
    Mastercard and VISA

The longer you can stay in Holland the cheaper it becomes in Germany obviously but be very wary of the 4.0m height even if you can get out of Rotterdam

chris a:
cheers guys have let me boss know so will see what the outcome is

Hi Chris,

I’m afraid that the vehicle height limit is 4m in both The Netherlands and Germany, as mentioned by other posters.

Here’s a link for your boss to see:

:arrow_right: http://www.internationaltradingsolutions.com/max_trailer_dims.pdf

Do not be afraid to come off the toll roads to park up, i found some nice places to have a chat with the friendly locals, real beer and food at a 300 year old inn with a roasting log fire, walk around the town before bed time.