First time to continent - FERRIES help needed

Anybody can give me an advice on ferries from UK and Ireland? What is the usual price? A price for a ferry crossing on my own account seems to be very high. Please help who to contact to get a better deal for a newcommer? Thanks, Bobby.

Welcome to TruckNet Bobby.

There isn’t really such a thing as the ‘usual price.’

On most ferry crossings it is likely everyone will be paying a different price based on the number they ship, the deal they have negotiated etc.

Companies such as Harbour Shipping in Dover offer better rates for the smaller haulier than the ferry companies will give, so they may be worth a call.

Also out of Dover Norfolk Line would be more likely to give you a better price than P&O or Sea France, but they don’t have as many sailings.

The ferry companies wont give you a deal on small accounts, It is better to use someone like Harbour Shipping, They will also supply tunnel cards, peage and agency for customs duties.

When we shipped regularly to Ireland we used Stockton Haulage and when we shipped Calais we used Norberts account even for our own work. P&O wouldnt give us an account for more than two years, not at a discount anyhow

There is also the Scottish route[u]Superfast Ferries[/u] sailing from Rosyth. I’ve got no idea about rates, but they must be fairly competitive, (taking into account drivers wages, driving time available, fuel, wear and tear etc,) or there would be no freight on the boat. I know that its the freight that keeps them going and the tourists that put a little bit of jam on the profit margins :smiley: . The accounts were published recently and thats what the news paper money people reckoned anyway.

If it would work for you, I’ve also got no idea, but it must be worth considering.

also, try Motis. Thery are based in N.Ireland and they also do also the tunnels, peages, crossings etc. Not sure on costs though. they even got us a good deal on a crossing from Immingham to Norway a few months ago.

I agree with Coffeholic…
Give Harbour Shipping a call

They are listed HERE

I have always heard good things about them :smiley:

Dont forget to tell them where you got the contact idea from though… :open_mouth:

Thank you guys!

Hi Bobby,
Try Victor Treacy International for a quote.I sailed Pembroke to Rosslare with an abnormal load and at the time they gave the best deal.
Good Luck.