First time spain

HI all, owner driver here, been doing France,Belgium,Holland and germany, but i have my first load from barcalona with my 44t low loader back to the uk. load is not over hight width or lenght, what paper work and advise do you have for me, i dont want to take this load on if i get there and think why did i say yes to this load, bit worried about not having the correct stuff with me and being pulled over and then having a massive fine.

all correct advise most welcome, not driver chat.

thank you for your time

billybigrig or Vascoingles will know the score here.There are most likely others,but these two spring to my mind.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Assuming your not loading up to the full 44 tons, as your limit is 40 over there, then just the usual stuff really. Remember a cm over the sides is to them a wide load :wink:
Make sure you’ve got your attestation letters for any periods you have no tachos for. Personal thing here, before the pedants start, I leave my tacho in overnight on rest for the duration of the journey. If it’s going to over run, I put a new one in specifically for the night :wink: They seem to like that. If you’re on digi get the list of the area codes for Spain and make sure you book off in the right one :laughing: :laughing:
No bluetooth earpieces either only fitted kits.
If your motor or trailer have permanently fitted/painted wide load wording then put a strip of tape, insulating tape will do, across them.

As I said, some of that is personal preference before the “experts” kick in :unamused: So as long as you have the usual gear for abroad like triangle, hivis and all that type of stuff (breathalysers for France) Correct paperwork etc it’s just the same as everywhere else.

I go dozens of times a year although under permit and or ■■■■■■ mostly without drama :laughing: :laughing:

Enjoy yerself :wink:

billybigrig:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Assuming your not loading up to the full 44 tons, as your limit is 40 over there, then just the usual stuff really. Remember a cm over the sides is to them a wide load :wink:
Make sure you’ve got your attestation letters for any periods you have no tachos for. Personal thing here, before the pedants start, I leave my tacho in overnight on rest for the duration of the journey. If it’s going to over run, I put a new one in specifically for the night :wink: They seem to like that. If you’re on digi get the list of the area codes for Spain and make sure you book off in the right one :laughing: :laughing:
No bluetooth earpieces either only fitted kits. As certain fool (read author of post) found out to his own cost :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If your motor or trailer have permanently fitted/painted wide load wording then put a strip of tape, insulating tape will do, across them.

As I said, some of that is personal preference before the “experts” kick in :unamused: So as long as you have the usual gear for abroad like triangle, hivis and all that type of stuff (breathalysers for France) Correct paperwork etc it’s just the same as everywhere else.

I go dozens of times a year although under permit and or ■■■■■■ mostly without drama :laughing: :laughing:

Enjoy yerself :wink:

without more information about the load itself that all sounds about right

:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: best 100 euros the boss ever spent :grimacing:

Hello

First of all thankyou for your advise!!!

the load will only be around 14 to 16 tons. so no worries there. hight will be on the limit of 4 metres once loaded after dee wheeling the machine.

i heard (right or wrong) i need a permit for spain that costs around £250 per truck per year, IS THIS CORRECT? if so is that for france or spain and is that for being Convi expectional (sorry not correct spelling i know).

thankyou for your time

stuart3730:
Hello

First of all thankyou for your advise!!!

the load will only be around 14 to 16 tons. so no worries there. hight will be on the limit of 4 metres once loaded after dee wheeling the machine.

i heard (right or wrong) i need a permit for spain that costs around £250 per truck per year, IS THIS CORRECT? if so is that for france or spain and is that for being Convi expectional (sorry not correct spelling i know).

thankyou for your time

Standard uk authorisation unless out of gauge.

stuart3730:
HI all, owner driver here, been doing France,Belgium,Holland and germany, but i have my first load from barcalona with my 44t low loader back to the uk. load is not over hight width or lenght, what paper work and advise do you have for me, i dont want to take this load on if i get there and think why did i say yes to this load, bit worried about not having the correct stuff with me and being pulled over and then having a massive fine.

all correct advise most welcome, not driver chat.

thank you for your time

Excuse me if i sound a tadge pedantic but as an “owner driver here. . been doing France,Belge . . .”
Presuming you have an International cpc ,why feel the need to ask?

Better to be safe than sorry I’d assume. I don’t go over the water but know enough to know the Spanish interpretation of the law can be a bit different to ours and it can cost you a good few euros if caught out.
This is where forums can come in handy but lately this one just seems to be one for ■■■■■■■■ about Stobarts and who can ask the stupidest question.

If you are not running under convoi exceptional regs and are not

over height
over width
over length
over weight

then no extra permits should be necessary

Hi yes i have a CPC. Thank you.

but i am asking for help as never done spain. but have prob done around 120 trips to northern Europe. i run 3 trucks of my own, plus i like to do things correctly first time every time, as i have to find my own work i dont want to mess it up.

plus i suppose i worry about myself and my 2 drivers to much. the more i know the less hassle we have while over seas i think.

Suedehead:

stuart3730:

thank you for your time

Excuse me if i sound a tadge pedantic but as an “owner driver here. . been doing France,Belge . . .”

Because it’s new to him and the cpc bares naff all resemblace to the real world and various countries interpretations of supposedly EU laws. :laughing:
Throw in the usual selection of driver horror stories about Spain and suddenly double checking seems sensible.

I always check if I’m not sure, still. That old gimp in Bilbao comes in handy :grimacing:

Sounds like you’ve got it covered stuart. :smiley:

billybigrig:

Suedehead:

stuart3730:

thank you for your time

Because it’s new to him and the cpc bares naff all resemblace to the real world and various countries interpretations of supposedly EU laws. :laughing:
Throw in the usual selection of driver horror stories about Spain and suddenly double checking seems sensible.

I always check if I’m not sure, still. That old gimp in Bilbao comes in handy :grimacing:

Sounds like you’ve got it covered stuart. :smiley:

How the hell can it be"new to him" as an o/d if he has been running lorries to Euroland?

How the hell can it be"new to him" as an o/d if he has been running lorries to Euroland?

Because he hasn’t done Spain before ■■?

Every country has it’s own peculiarities. Seems like common sense to ask, to me.
I’m doing a wide and high to Germany next week. I haven’t been for over 10 years and using a ferry route I’ve never done before so I made a couple of calls and checked some things. 3 decades at the job and I still don’t know every in and out and ever changing peculiarity of every euroland country. :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:
That old gimp in Bilbao

the following words compiled in to a sentence should be more than adequate answer

circles
everdecreasing
disappear
■■■■■■

:unamused: :unamused:

just a short thread ware your seat belt got caught 4 years ago 100 euros fine ouch in spain that was

110 euros for me and no seatbelt in 2010 past burgos nasty …

yes they dont mess about i was a spit from portugal pulled me in last services before border just hapend to be a cash machine in it funny that ehh