first shift :)

Hi guys after passing my test in july and trying to get class 1 work and many interviews and then getting told
that i need at least 12 months experience on class1 i got a phone call monday night from 1 of the companys that told me i needed experience, yes i was asked to do some c1 work.

got there and was giving keys to a mercedes actros< with a double deck trailer, bit nervous but buzzing at the same time.
drive from north wales down to fortec in watford and back up. Got there and i was not the fastest at opening the curtains but good drive and no problems and been told they will call me again. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: well done you

Congrats. For a first shift that’s a fair way to drive in a bigger lorry than average. My first shift was Corby to Wellingborough and back in a Scania and reefer with about 6 pallets on board. That was enough excitement for one day lol.

Awesome, can’t wait for my first job.

As ezydriver says the actros is a big old boy to take out on your first shift, and if opening the curtains was the biggest of your problems then you cant be doing bad lol congrats!

NotBad4AYoungLad:
As ezydriver says the actros is a big old boy to take out on your first shift, and if opening the curtains was the biggest of your problems then you cant be doing bad lol congrats!

Double deck trailer wasn’t helping much either so gratz on that to the OP, imagine copping that for a first run on a wet and windy night, just feeling the shove in the back from a loaded trailer the first time is enough to make most folk clench tight!!

Well done you :smiley:

Did quite a few runs to UPN when it was out at melton mowbray when working for my old firm, the fully loaded double decks could be horrendous! You certainly know about it when youre pulling one of them! Coming from nottingham there are some right old twisty turny bumpy roads going out there. Taller trailer, smaller wheels, used to make me wonder how they never go over sometimes the way the load them. I just used to try not to look in the mirrors too much :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nice one dude, im stilk not the best with curtains takes me forever to strap curtains back down to the dismay of flts at rdcs haha m :smiley: ake em wait do it right and will get used to it in the end

yeah had a few comments from the flt but i just carried on, couple lads came and helped me as well.
got a few agencys in warrington to register with tomorrow (friday) so hope i can get some work work.

Well done, hope you get a full time job soon. Stick in.