First run Fri 2/12/05 class C

Licence finally arrived yesterday (Thur). Postman is relieved I’m off his case :smiley:
Signed on with Driver Hire today and am reporting to Halesowen at 04:50 Fri morning. Its an outfit called Business Moves. Sounds like it could involve ■■■■■■■ but anyway I need the exercise as have done nothing much for a few months. As far as I know it is only for one day but it is a start.
Cheers
Ant

Glad to hear that you have got work coming in. Driver Hire kept me busy over the summer with work every day - after getting my class one I was picky and swapped between them and Eastern to try and stay in an artic, but been back with Driver Hire and at BHS until Xmas at least which is good.

You might find that it takes a while before you spend a full week with one client, at least it did for me - but it is good experience. Some of the jobs involve a bit of carrying, but if you show willing they will keep you in work… If you stick with them then you will probably get a few days at Andrews Metals in Shirley - easy work, but the truck is more of a heap of junk than the scrap you are carrying !!!

Best of luck for tomorrow… …

G

Good luck Ant :smiley:

I signed up with Driver Hire today and as i was filling out the umpteen forms :unamused: the nice lady was sorting out the details of my full weeks work
Which sounds a right cushy number I drive an artic low loader and the bod sat next to me loads and unloads the plant machinery :smiley: :smiley:

And about an hour after i got home the nice lady rings me and gives me a job for tomorrow which is take an artic upto Hereford swap trailers and come back again :smiley: :smiley:

Good look ant for Friday…enjoy it.

I signed up with driverhire aswell, got work the folowing morning…
missed loads of driving days cause of my normal job :cry: :cry: :cry: but they still ring which is good and try to accomidate around my work… glad i signed up.

Good luck Ant, only one day yes but it’s the start of a life time of stroppy bosses, endless traffic jams and getting home late. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ant:
Licence finally arrived yesterday (Thur). Postman is relieved I’m off his case :smiley:
Signed on with Driver Hire today and am reporting to Halesowen at 04:50 Fri morning. Its an outfit called Business Moves. Sounds like it could involve ■■■■■■■ but anyway I need the exercise as have done nothing much for a few months. As far as I know it is only for one day but it is a start.
Cheers
Ant

good luck from myself.im retired after 34 yrs on road It can be hard at times but its a good life cheers
distdave[

]

Welcome to Trucknet dafdave :wink: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
Welcome to Trucknet dafdave :wink: :laughing:

hi ladytrucker Thanks for the welcome i am enjoying it. lol

Heres how it went: Reported for work at due time and informed that we were going to central London, two 17 tonne trucks with two drivers on each and two porters on each. The regular driver drove us to London as he knew where the company was that was to be moved, it was one of the major tour operators. Well we had to work like demons to get all the stuff, which was mostly packed in crates, down to the trucks. I never worked so hard, but at least the ladies in the office were really nice to us and we had quite a laugh with them. After that it was over to Luton Airport to the new location, then work like a demon to get all the stuff into the place. Anyway when we finished they said it was an excellent job. I then drove the truck back up to Halesowen, it was an 04 Renualt with sleeper cab on top and like the Starship Enterprise compared to the old Merc I did my training on, but a pleasure to drive, I told the guys in the back to be praying as it was my first day but they thanked me for a smooth drive back when we finished. I learnt loads of things from the other drivers and all of the guys were sound blokes and a pleasure to work with, only drawback is that its 90% ■■■■■■■ things and 10% driving. Anyway I am glad to have done it and only have a few aches this morning. But should come away with a few shillings as it was 14.5 hrs day.
cheers
Ant

Glad to hear that it went well - I always hated having company in the cab when I was very new to it, but I would never suggest that I had more experience than I actually had.

You had the old Merc to learn in then ■■ Can be quite hard going in those - my first job was in a flatbed version on the hottest day of the year - manouvering in building sites was a right pain with the rubbish turning circle of those… … …

G

After my escapade to London and Luton last week for my first job driving class C, the firm have requested the pleasure of my company for tomorrow as well, so I can’t have been that bad. I have no idea where I will be going to as this company don’t even tell their own drivers until on the day, it would seem.
Only thing for sure is it will be hard work as ther is lots of shifting stuff.
cheers
Ant