First Post --Any Recomendations for C&E training

Hi Everyone,

I recently passed my Cat C test and am now looking to do my Cat C&E, a friend has recommended Central Transport Training in Wolverhampton as they have a tractor unit & trailer rather than wagon & Drag, has anyone had any experiences of them or can they recommend someone else, as I did my Cat C with Sterling and I’m not going back to them.

Thanks

Miss Druscilla

BRITISH HGV CANNOCK HAVE A TRACTOR UNIT AND TRAILER I DID MY TRAINING THERE LAST WEEK AND PASSED ALL THE INSTRUCTORS ARE OK

welcome to the mad house

Well Done to both on your results

p s please dont shout

Thanks Fez, I’ll have a look at them

Welcome to TrucknetUK MissDruscilla & fez :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
WELL DONE to both of you on passing your respective tests :smiley: :smiley:

Hi MissDruscilla,

I did my class C with CTT back in 2003 and passed first time, so I can recommend them as a good outfit :smiley: :smiley: when I did mine they only had flatbed wagon and drag but there websites suggests that they have now upgraded due to the change in rules this year.

The only reason I did not go back there for my class C+E is because I found cheaper training elsewhere. The company I used was West Midlands Transport Training based in Aldridge. They use a tractor and trailer (Volvo FM12) for the training and the cost is £770.50 for a five day course (with retests @ £244.10 if required :laughing: ). Both these figures include the test fee.

I didn’t pass first time with this company, but that was down to my own stupid fault on the day and not the training itself so I can still highly recommend them.

If you are interested the contact is John Kennard on 01922 458110.

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Another option is to speak to Vince Taylor at Driver Transport Training, they’re on Peartree lane just off the Dudley bypass. They have a full size outfit, albeit a slightly older Scania 113 but proper trailer, and their courses are about £880 I believe. I personally used West Midlands Training in Aldridge which I recommend.

A lot of the problems i found with picking an outfit to do my hgv training was price :cry: and 1 on 1 training I rang round a few firms and british hgv came out cheapest i paid £600 for three 4hr lessons and my test on the fourth it was 1 on 1 tuition and the price of a retest was only £170 :smiley: good price for a retest i thought . I had a free assesment and was made to feel very confident in this firm.

Thanks Everyone for your suggestions, I will give them all a call to find out more.