First night out with digi card

First night out tomorrow in a truck with a digi. Do i have to leave card in when i am parked up for the evening? Normally used to leave an anologue in over night to record daily rest so just wondering where i stood with digi

Either or, there is no legal requirement to leave it in but you can if you wish. The good thing about leaving a digi card in as opposed to a chart is there are no worries about recording more than 24 hours.

Buy it flowers.

Or a box of chocs.

Maybe find out what wine it prefers ?

nice one wondered if i should have phrased it like that :blush:

we have been told ( not that I EVER plan to nightout ) we have at the end of shift show sometime ( 10 mins ) for paperwork and end of shift checks then eject card to show stopping country and then reinsert and set to rest
bloody stuuuupid just like i’m meant to fill out tachos with name and then deface them to show when on my days off or hols ( cant be arsed myself i’ll take the bollocking
by the way the above have been asked for by the tacho analysing firm and the tm says he dont particularly care either way

dambuster:
Buy it flowers.

Or a box of chocs.

Maybe find out what wine it prefers ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you do leave it in .dont forget to change the mode to rest :blush: :blush: :blush:

jon

If it lasts that long - I’ve just had my third card in less than a year. They keep on failing.

Just for the record, I asked a VOSA enforcement officer about making manual records - my boss said that they should be on a blank tacho. VOSA said any paper record was acceptable although tachos are easier to store.

jonboy:
if you do leave it in .dont forget to change the mode to rest :blush: :blush: :blush:

jon

That’s one reason I always take mine out. Well . . . I press the eject button, then leave it sat in the slot, but not “in”

It saves having to remember changing the mode switch, because it asks me in the morning, what time I’d finished the night before.

And it makes it easier for me to do the sums and addings up for WTD/POA malarky. I just add up the bed symbol time and the square box symbol times, then book that as POA at days end when I book off. I ignore the “?” symbol time, because that’s from midnight the previous day to whatever time I started that day.

Oh - but I’m a tramper.

i always leave mine in overnight, change the mode switch to rest then switch again in the morning when i’m ready to start, i always allow 4 or 5 mins to pass before i start driving, this shows i have done my daily checks.
you can select the country you end your duty in via the menu buttons without ejecting the card.
my card goes in monday and comes out friday or whatever day i start and finish the week.

i have heards that marvin knows… ask him if not he knows some one who will.

LEE EDWARDS:
i have heards that marvin knows… ask him if not he knows some one who will.

:question: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I also put my card in on a Monday and don’t take it out until Friday or Saturday.

However - this week I was called into the office to be hauled over the coals about some infringements (about 7 mins in total, mostly WTD) and was asked if I leave my card in overnight. “Yes” says I. I’m then told that VOSA have said that the card must be removed overnight? :open_mouth:

I said that surely leaving it in showed a continuous record of my activities. But was assured that taking the card out was now a requirement. I was also told that the card overwrites when left in over 24hrs - which I know to be untrue.

I have asked to see this new requirement in writing, from VOSA. I have said that I will of course comply when I have seen it. Still waiting, but does anyone know if I’m heading for an egg on my face type moment?

bugcos:
First night out tomorrow in a truck with a digi. Do i have to leave card in when i am parked up for the evening? Normally used to leave an anologue in over night to record daily rest so just wondering where i stood with digi

So how did it go ?

Did it put out on the first date ?

Grumpybun said;

and was asked if I leave my card in overnight. “Yes” says I. I’m then told that VOSA have said that the card must be removed overnight?

Trust me, this is absolute rubbish. If you get it in writing, please forward it to me. The current line is; if you are stopping in the vehicle overnight then there is no problem with leaving the card in, provided you remember to enter start and end of duty locations and set the mode switch to rest. Alternatively, if you want to take the card out, do so, but remeber to put it in the following morning to record your walk around check, assuming you do one :open_mouth: If you leave the wagon parked up in the yard overnight and there is the likelyhood of somebody else moving the vehicle, then I’d advise removing the card.

I now leave mine in all week but use the entry button to record country and remove it at the weekend

I presume that leaving the card in the machine is less likely to damage it than carrying it in your wallet

dambuster:

bugcos:

So how did it go ?

Did it put out on the first date ?

This how it went.

As soon as i put the card in it spat it out, so ran without the card. Tried it in another truck and same thing happened. So the card must be knackered., this is the 4th one in 12 months any one else had any problems like this?

The last time I used my card a couple of weeks ago, the tacho spat it out with error 50, I gave the card a gentle wipe with a clean cloth and it worked fine, could be coincidence I suppose but still worth trying.