First night out on my own. C+E

Well great start trucks fine but trailer has 3 side marker lights out and a brake light not working. LED sidelights so can’t do anything with them so getting it transhipped onto another trailer so that’s put me behind.

Good on you mate, well done for not just taking it. Plenty would and have in the past!

No stuck it on a bay, only 1 shunt as well pleased with that. Defected it in defect book, and put defect number on my OPS13 as well and just waiting for it to be transhipped. Hope the second trailer is good to go.

You do right. For future reference, could well be the suzie or a fuse. Unusual to get so many lights out in one go unless it’s one of those. There’s other options but that would be my starting point.

But if you’re in a position not to have to worry about it and can get the load transhipped, brilliant.

Hope the rest of the shift is troublefree.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Are you working nights?

Radar19:
Are you working nights?

Yes mate I prefer nights.

simcor:

Radar19:
Are you working nights?

Yes mate I prefer nights.

The first week will be alright, the second will be hell. I’m on nights now and if you don’t get at enough sleep its really hard on you. That being said, no office on your back, less idiots on the road. Most places at night tend to be a bit more care free. Tipping early, allowed to assist unloading etc.

I was already on nights shunting and nights suits me better than days. Off I go into yonder at last.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Got to Huntington with no real dramas, nice steady easy run all the way here. On a bay getting tipped. So far it’s going well other than being here later than would have been nice. Having said that arrived just after half ten and shift change is 10pm anyway. So it’s all worked out OK. 1 shunt again to get on the bay and this yard is tighter than our yard. They cram pack them in here. Makes me realise how lucky we are at our place really.

Peter Smythe:
You do right. For future reference, could well be the suzie or a fuse. Unusual to get so many lights out in one go unless it’s one of those. There’s other options but that would be my starting point.

But if you’re in a position not to have to worry about it and can get the load transhipped, brilliant.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Like I say first 3 from front of the trailer were out the last one or two were working. So they are either goosed in my guess or there is a break somewhere depending on how they have been wired up. Probably in a circuit staring from the os round the back and working back up the ns at a guess seeing as those 3 were out.
Who knows how any of it can be wired up as some trailers are hired this one certainly is and I have seen some workaround repairs by fitters whilst shunting so anything is possible.

Second trailer was fine though so I still am betting it was a wiring issue on the trailer.

About bloody time mate! :smiley:

As F-reds said, glad you defected it and didn’t feel pressured as it’s your first run out…
All else I can say is I’m glad I was safe shunting in our compound tonight! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On the subject of working nights, yes there is less traffic about, but you have diversions due to road closures to deal with.
Along with bellends on full beam! :imp:

Enjoy pal! :smiley:

Yeah cheers dude. Just got to daventry for a live load then back to yard. Been a good night. Loving it properly now. Lol

Talk about jinxed. If I hadn’t stopped for fuel at trowel services I would be back about now. Truck has gone up in flames just after the services and they have just closed it off so I can’t exit the services. Police say they have been waiting 40 mins already for the fire brigade to turn up. It’s well alight.

Fire engine just pulled into services south bound to come round the service entrance into northbound and a second one just pulled off southbound. So hopefully I’ll be on the move soon.

Not looking good a 3rd fire engine has just pulled into southbound services to come through the service entrance.

One fire engine left, now another one has arrived. Setting out cones so hopefully will get us on the move very soon.

I knew I had made the wrong decision after I pulled in to fuel up. But it looked like they were allowing traffic past and at that point I didn’t know what was happening. Unit was moved away from trailer so that looks like it was saved but the trailer and stock was well alight.

Lesson learnt for next time. SOS fueling up when though I hate it when people don’t bother doing it. But in certain circumstances having only used quarter of a tank next time I would leave it and make sure I get back in a decent time. Thankfully no one was waiting for the truck when I got back but that does happen often at our place.

Peter Smythe:

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Or sometimes just pull the electric susie out turn it around and put it back in again worked ok for me this morning when every light worked ok except rear near side indicator but depends on what sort of lead you have .