First new Euro 6 Renault D series in the UK?

Are here

truckingtopics.co.uk/renaultdeuro6mil.html

Still DAF cabbed then?

It’s actually a cab Renault supply to DAF, strangely!

I think Iveco supplies to doors to both of them

GasGas:

We were at the same launch :laughing:

Didn’t know about the doors, must’ve nodded off during that part :blush:

GasGas:

My bad then, was sure I’d read the opposite.

It’s understandable, I think there are many more DAFs with that cab on than there are Renaults: that’s certainly the case in the UK, where Renault has given up on the 7.5-tonne market.

Which is a shame. My boss was going to put all his eggs in one basket for a better deal (we run rucks of Master vans) but now they’ve pulled out if the market, his next batch of 7.5s will be Ivecos. Bloody glad I don’t drive 7.5s anymore. The lads that have been using the demo we’ve had, all hate it.

GasGas:

They’ll leak then! Probably.

Get this thing at 7.5 ton in 2015

Steve

Is that a UD/Nissan Diesel?

GasGas:
Is that a UD/Nissan Diesel?

Yes :confused: :open_mouth: :frowning:

is that dustcart spec behind :slight_smile:

Anyone else think the D range resembles the last facelift on the Dodge Commando (prior to the Renault-badged one)?

d4c24a:
is that dustcart spec behind :slight_smile:

Renault Badged DENNIS :open_mouth:

Steve

GasGas:
I think Iveco supplies doors to both of them

I think you mean the Renault doors are supplied to Volvo…for the FL / FE cab.(& yes LF cabs/doors for Daf)
In fact to me, the new Euro 6 Renault D series 18-26 tonner has adopted the Volvo FL/FE cab structure incl. doors. It appears to sit higher on the chassis Volvo style rather than the old 18 tonner Premium style.

As for the new Renault Euro6 7.5 tonner (see Nissan NT500 Euro6), it reminds me of the Saviem SG3 from the early 70’s.

Here’s a class SG2 - it’s similar. www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoEEQVsBeMM

Millers Oil! I used to drive past there sometimes. Will try and look out for one if I remember.

Who designs these bug ugly ■■■■■■ things ?

A lot of the music/gig truck company’s are looking at Euro 6, mainly because of the cost of taking trucks into low emission zones like London.

Think Paul Mathews who do theatre trucking are euro 6 now. Must be costing them a bomb to replace their fleet.

GCR2ERF:
Anyone else think the D range resembles the last facelift on the Dodge Commando (prior to the Renault-badged one)?

I thought they looked kinda familiar…started out on the old Dodges, (even took my class 1 in one!) the replacement Renault ones were luxury in comparison…had power steering AND a radio…■■■■■ old gearbox though…nearly as bad as the Midliner (remember them?) but nowhere near as crap as the G290GT…and nowhere near as crap as a Volvo FL4…gutless, clunky ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ they were…no idea why they stuck a ‘turbo’ badge on the front!! We’re bloody spoilt these days! :laughing:

The AA have gone back to Renault so it seems. I saw a few of these last year on transporters coming through Calais.